Lampizator Big 7

Korg. Is a good one but it must be the older version and it's free. It can do any format to any format. You must register and tweet on Twitter each time you use it. There are others I do not know them though. Also for me I leave PCM as PCM it does not sound like dsd to me just not PCM anymore.

Sorry for basic question. I wondered whether there is software that enables one to convert PCM to dsd not on the fly as jriver/hqplayer but permanently as a new file with the dsd sample rate you specify.
Thanks

As stated above, AudioGate does a decent job. The best I've heard are the Pyramix Hepta Apodizing filters for SRC.

Does anyone here has an oppo connected to the B7 as a transport? I will mostly use my B7 with Aurender, but I have an Oppo and will test it as a transport to the B7.
If positive, what spdif cable are you using ?

Does anyone here has an oppo connected to the B7 as a transport? I will mostly use my B7 with Aurender, but I have an Oppo and will test it as a transport to the B7.

My pal in Gva does with a Big6. He loves it..I have to ask what cable he uses.

Last edited:

Hi...i used my Oppo as a transport to my Zanden for many years until getting the matching Zanden transport. I tried Transparent Reference, Cardas Neutral and finally settled on Nordost Valhalla. I think that was largely about 'voicing' rather than any one cable being 'better' than the others. I still use the Nordost on my Oppo audio out when watching movies.

Thank you wisnon and LL1.
I am expecting that Oppo will be a good transport.

Hi Joao,

Your system is in a upper level than oppo. A better transport will make a huge difference to you listen your Cds. Anyway oppo will have benefit with the best cabes you can use. The best I used was Douglas Cables Mirage with it.

All the best
Luiz

Thank you, Luiz Felipe. In fact the Oppo is there just to watch some rock shows. My system is based in the Aurender + B7. I have many, many DSD files to listen. And good other hi-res files.
I don't think I have more than 20 cd's! :)). But it would be nice to have the Oppo connected to my stereo system to let me play a CD sometime.

It is a very good transport in my experience and very flexible...in my case, i did get one of those modd'd Oppos (the 83 series)...and i found it to be a much better overall player (including its DAC) than the later Oppo 95 which i now own (because the 83 broke). So those mods apparently work.

However, transport to transport, i cannot say which is better of if they are the same in quality...but since i use it only for video and digital out now, i am not so fussed. All CDs come thru the Zanden Transport.

I bought my B7 with EMM Labs 45 tubes. And it was because I saw a review of the DAC and it was sent with those tubes to the reviewer. Now I see the same tubes being used at the shows Lampizator is presenting B7.
do they prefer this tube over the others?

Actually, I think Lukasz personally prefers the Psvane WE replica 101ds, but tube choice is a matter of synergy and personal taste.

The EML 45 is a nice standard to start with and you can then try other combinations with a given rectifier tube or roll the recti tubes with the EML 45 as the reference DHTs.

The fun is in the rolling. If you have a pal with DHTs and 5v rectis, you could even borrow a few and try them out without even buying to see what your favourites are.

Last edited:
I bought my B7 with EMM Labs 45 tubes. And it was because I saw a review of the DAC and it was sent with those tubes to the reviewer. Now I see the same tubes being used at the shows Lampizator is presenting B7.
do they prefer this tube over the others?

I prefer the 101 ds on complex, classical music, while I prefer 6a3 with vocals

But if Lukasz prefers the 101 then why he sends the B7 to reviewers and shows with the 45? No sense.

My big 7 has just landed:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    739.7 KB · Views: 1,044
So you bought this? Just that day you messaged to say you had a demo

Yes , I did.
A week ago I received the demo unit, the weekend was enough to evaluate the adventage of big 7 over dsd dac as far as dsd playback is concerned.
I am still not convinced about pcm vs my La Fontaine so I decided to keep them both.
The delivery was so quick because one of the british customers who has initially ordered big 7 switched to gg and the unit was immediately available.

Yes , I did.
A week ago I received the demo unit, the weekend was enough to evaluate the adventage of big 7 over dsd dac as far as dsd playback is concerned.
I am still not convinced about pcm vs my La Fontaine so I decided to keep them both.
The delivery was so quick because one of the british customers who has initially ordered big 7 switched to gg and the unit was immediately available.

It will only improve as you go along. IMO, the benefits are huge once you find your valve - mine are 101d replicas, a friend's are 6A3s - power cords make a big difference, I saw a superb improvement with Tara Cobalts. I also find the soundstage and tone expands considerably with Shun Mook diamond resonators - in fact the Lampi distributor couldn't believe it when I put the mooks under his Lampi. Generally, these tweaks can make it sound a much, much more improved dac than what it already is. And I haven't even tried the Western Electric 101Ds yet

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing