Lampizator Big 7 Mk2 or Abbas Audio 3.2 Sig?

Nuforce

Jan 5, 2021
I am trying to decide between a BEST300B.com Lampizator or an Abbas Audio 3.2 Sig.

The Lapizator is $4500 and the 3.2 is $3500.

For those not aware, the BEST300B dac is a Big 7 Mk2 in an Atlantic sized case, only available single-ended and with a fixed 300B heater. It uses the 53 engine.

I can't decide which to buy? I am leaning towards the Abbas dac.

I will be using it with a KR Audio P135 type 45 DHT preamp, Aries G2 streamer and Magnepan 20.1 speakers

thanks

gastubes

Jan 15, 2022
AZ
I am trying to decide between a BEST300B.com Lampizator or an Abbas Audio 3.2 Sig.

For those not aware, the BEST300B dac is a Big 7 Mk2 in an Atlantic sized case, only available single-ended and with a fixed 300B heater. It uses the 53 engine.

I will be using it with a KR Audio P135 type 45 DHT preamp, Aries G2 streamer and Magnepan 20.1 speakers

thanks
On the BEST300B site it describes their Lampizator BEST300BDAC as being a 'Discreet Resistor Ladder(R2R)' which would mean it does not use the delta-sigma chip with 53 engine.

Nuforce

Jan 5, 2021
Yes the information on the site is out if date, I've spoken with Lukasz and the best300b uses the latest engine released in Jan of this year. It is delta sigma. He has confirmed that the internals are all big 7 minus the heater switching option.

Reactions: L3RD and christoph

gastubes

Jan 15, 2022
AZ
Yes the information on the site is out if date, I've spoken with Lukasz and the best300b uses the latest engine released in Jan of this year. It is delta sigma. He has confirmed that the internals are all big 7 minus the heater switching option.
Thanks for the updated info. Do you know what the BEST300BDAC output impedance is?

Nuforce

Jan 5, 2021
I just reread my conversation with Lukasz regarding the engine in the best300b and he says it will ship going forwards with a new engine 18. No idea what that is.

Reactions: christoph

cpcat

Jun 20, 2016
South Carolina
The thread title is misleading. The MSRP for the base model Big 7 MK2 is $9840 US. If you really believe you are can get this for $4500 you should jump on it.:)

thanks

Nuforce

Jan 5, 2021
The thread title is misleading. The MSRP for the base model Big 7 MK2 is $9840 US. If you really believe you are can get this for $4500 you should jump on it.:)

There is a catch, you can only use 300b tubes, although my local valve amp engineer could very easily mod it to accept 45 tubes I would imagine.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing