Lampizator Baltic 4

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
My B4 order is in as well. Should be a winner and a killer value as with all Lampi DACs.

Reactions: christoph

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Keep us posted on how you are liking it.

DennisH

Jun 3, 2021
My Baltic 4 was shipped in two weeks and received it in 3 days. It took about 40 hours of burn in to really open up, and then after 100 hours it sounded great. My previous DAC was the Brooklyn + and there is not comparison. It far exceeded my expectations. I primarily listened to vinyl on a VPI Prime turntable and I think the Baltic 4 is as good as vinyl from my listening. The sound staging and imaging are excellent. Since I received it two weeks ago I have only streamed and listened to CDs. The Baltic 4 is well worth the price in my opinion. I can’t imagine how the Horizon would sound any better in my system.

Powerman

Feb 15, 2023
My Baltic 4 was shipped in two weeks and received it in 3 days. It took about 40 hours of burn in to really open up, and then after 100 hours it sounded great. My previous DAC was the Brooklyn + and there is not comparison. It far exceeded my expectations. I primarily listened to vinyl on a VPI Prime turntable and I think the Baltic 4 is as good as vinyl from my listening. The sound staging and imaging are excellent. Since I received it two weeks ago I have only streamed and listened to CDs. The Baltic 4 is well worth the price in my opinion. I can’t imagine how the Horizon would sound any better in my system.
That is so encouraging. I said I was done chasing DACs. I think there are differences, but they are small. I have a Pontus and was looking at May/Termi... Lampi was always intriguing... I'm giving up a lot for this, stuff I didn't want to give up. I thought this would be worth it, but always a little fear. I'm very excited to find out.

Reactions: Miki70

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Have no fear Powerman. Lampi will be all that you hoped for and more!!! Enjoy the music.

TMY168

Oct 12, 2022
Bangkok, Thailand
www.facebook.com
After reading the threads on B3 & B4, I guess I'll order the B4 with the volume control.
Does anyone has a picture of B4 Vol in Alu Silver and CU top plate? TIA.

Curently I'm demoing the smallest Amber 4 and I'm very impressed by it's sound.

Attachments

• Lampizator Amber 4.jpg
    Lampizator Amber 4.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 14

mourip

Feb 8, 2020
12BH7 is an ECC82 / 12AU7 on steroids and in THIS PRODUCT can be used as a drop in alternative. There is no internal change except that for B4 we decided to give you this more pricey and harder to buy alternative.
I hate to put too fine a point on this but when you say "THIS PRODUCT" do you just mean just the B4?

I ask because I have a B3 and the manual says:

"Baltic-3 particular tube rolling tips: Output impedence buffer ECC82 contributes to 10% of sound quality. You can use 12BH7 there, ECC99, 12AU7."

Thanks!

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
I hate to put too fine a point on this but when you say "THIS PRODUCT" do you just mean just the B4?

"Baltic-3 particular tube rolling tips: Output impedence buffer ECC82 contributes to 10% of sound quality. You can use 12BH7 there, ECC99, 12AU7."

Thanks!
A 12BH7A is a higher gradient more amplification, i can recommend all tubes from general electric. even sylvania, hewlett packard, westinghouse are actually also general eletric tubes they have a good fine resolution that comes close to a good ecc82. I would advise against all other manufacturers they play coarser more like a hard rocker dirtier not a virtuoso.
Only this new tube plays really good

Reactions: mourip

Bbock

Apr 11, 2022
Illinois

Thanks!
I recommend the RCA black plate 12BH7 from the 50’s. Have been using them for a long time now in my amps.

Reactions: mourip

Powerman

Feb 15, 2023
A 12BH7A is a higher gradient more amplification, i can recommend all tubes from general electric. even sylvania, hewlett packard, westinghouse are actually also general eletric tubes they have a good fine resolution that comes close to a good ecc82. I would advise against all other manufacturers they play coarser more like a hard rocker dirtier not a virtuoso.
Only this new tube plays really good
But does the DAC put out more gain? I didn't need volume control or preamp... But my amp only puts out 50w and my speakers are not super sensitive. If it puts out more gain I would be interested. My pontus now puts out 4v which is pretty much what B4 puts out. I can go up to 6-7 to my LTA.

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
But does the DAC put out more gain? I didn't need volume control or preamp... But my amp only puts out 50w and my speakers are not super sensitive. If it puts out more gain I would be interested. My pontus now puts out 4v which is pretty much what B4 puts out. I can go up to 6-7 to my LTA.
I don't think so, because the circuit is designed to work with many types of tubes. the working point will not be at the limit, so it probably won't be noticeable. Try it out and evaluate it yourself because I don't know the working point. RCA is GE too.

P.S
you can also use a 6sn7 with a socket adapter. Electrically identical

Last edited:

Powerman

Feb 15, 2023
I don't think so, because the circuit is designed to work with many types of tubes. the working point will not be at the limit, so it probably won't be noticeable. Try it out and evaluate it yourself because I don't know the working point. RCA is GE too.

P.S
you can also use a 6sn7 with a socket adapter. Electrically identical
Hold on... So that's cool. It comes with them so I can see.... But I have to use an adapter to use 6SN7? I thought it was plug and play?

Tuckia

Jun 3, 2019
A new toy arrived today.

47B11A30-45B4-4CEC-A957-CC183B5EF53B.jpeg Rather than running the supplied tubes, I threw in some others.
RCA Globe 80 with adapter
Tung-sol VT99 with Woo adapters
Supplied Psvane 12BH7

About two hours of run in so far. This may be interesting ;)

Powerman

Feb 15, 2023
A new toy arrived today.

View attachment 105897 Rather than running the supplied tubes, I threw in some others.
RCA Globe 80 with adapter
Tung-sol VT99 with Woo adapters
Supplied Psvane 12BH7

About two hours of run in so far. This may be interesting ;)
I got my tracking number Wednesday, it said Thursday. Thursday it said today... Then... Wah wah wah... Monday and it was still in Poland... But it did just clear customs. First Monday I will ever be happy for. :)

Congrats. Looks beautiful.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing