Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Inbound to a friend of mine maybe tmr, latest next week. Will advise on the performance when he gets it.
First of all sorry to post this here in the H thread!
Balanced GG3 with E11 started to sing few hours ago and the initial impression is super super positive (as I expected). Exchanged Esoteric K01XD with Grandioso G1X MasterClock btw.
Great GG legacy continues in mk3 iteration - great job @Lukasz "Lampizator" Fikus
Also happy that maybe even the first production GG3 unit ended with a friend of mine.

Last edited:

seatrope

Mar 9, 2017
Has anyone else experimented with going from SE to Balanced outputs, and how that affects the decision to go direct without preamp or not?

Curious to hear.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Has anyone else experimented with going from SE to Balanced outputs, and how that affects the decision to go direct without preamp or not?

Curious to hear.

I went from SE to balanced and prefer balanced. The music seems to have a bit more weight to it.

However, I am not considering eliminating my preamp.

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Horizon is an epic preamp in its own right, for sure. I think using it or not will be system dependent, though

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
I have a client using the Horizon via balanced outs directly into our DC-coupled balanced SS amplifiers. The server is an Innuous Reference. The set-up is working exceptionally well and sounds great.

I currently run the Pacific balanced out into our balanced pre-amp and amplifiers. Unfortunately, I cannot comment on single-end vs. balanced because my Westminster gear does not now support the SE option. I heard two Horizon balanced mode set-ups using pre-amplifiers recently,

1) The Horizon running balanced out into the Lamm Reference pre in Steve William's system, including the latest alpha software on his Taiko Extreme - FYI, this was the best sounding digital I have heard by a wide margin!

2) The Horizon running balanced out into VAC gear at VSA's showroom driven by a top Aurender server also sound excellent.

I will have a single-ended input card for my Westminster pre in a few weeks and will report back using the same cable, one balanced and one single-ended. I suspect the balanced will be superior, at least in my system, but I agree it will be system dependent.

Last edited:

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
1) The Horizon running balanced out into the Lamm Reference pre in Steve William's system, including the latest alpha software on his Taiko Extreme - FYI, this was the best sounding digital I have heard by a wide margin!

I thought Lamm equipment is single ended only or at least that Steve runs single ended. @Steve Williams

Last edited:

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Hi David, I could certainly be wrong, I'll let Steve confirm. Given how good his Horizon sounded this could shed some light on the question.

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Thanks for clarifying, Steve. Truly amazing sound as presently configured in single-ended mode!

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Private event announcement!

We are very excited to invite our friends at WBF to a private event we will be hosting in Princeton, NJ on October 1, 2022. The LampizatOr Horizon will be in attendance as will several other pieces from our portfolio (LampizatOr, Tobian, Westminster, Final Touch Audio). The event will take place in a private residence (shadowlight's home) and will be setup to host several systems and is always a fantastic time.

Please message us for further details and RSVP, but the particulars are as follows:

Start Time: 1pm (As usual, I will have snacks ready with lunch around 2pm or so)
End Time: 6/7pm (will confirm as we get closer)

Family Room Setup: Tobian12FH, Westminster REI Amplifier and Quest Preamplifier, Lampizator Horizon DAC,
Basement Setup: Pure Audio Project Trio15 Horn (working on getting hold of Voxativ drive, baffle and crossover), Lampizator GG2, Vinnie Rossie LIO Integrated
Spare Bedroom Setup: Pure Audio Project Trio10, Onix Integrated amp, Amber4 DAC (this maybe interchanged with LampizatOr's AmberAmp integrated).

We can swap equipment around as we used to during the RAVE hay days after 5pm in basement and spare room setup. So if you are attending and would like to bring equipment around to swap in and out feel free to bring it with you. Basement and spare room setup is mostly my setup with Amber 4 in the spare room provided by Lampizator America team who will be using the family room to show case their offering.

Covid Protocol: I will have mask available for folks who would like to wear one but anyone attending the event is attending at their own risk. I am not responsible for anyone catching Covid or any thing else.

The usual rules about taking shoes off (house slippers are ok), no alcohol or meat applies.

Looking forward to seeing many of you!

Fred A.
Hello all! Just a friendly 'last call' for our event this weekend in Princeton, NJ, So far we have about 44 people who will bein attendance and we're looking forward to a great event. There is no cost to attend and it's always an enjoyable time with good people.

Feel free to PM me for info if you're interested in joining us!

Fred A.

Reactions: ctydwn

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Sorry I could not join you, Fred. I will be there with bells on the next time around. Have a great event!

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
sounds wonderful. pleasse a report and some pictures here!

Lobster

Feb 4, 2021
Have an Horizon on order too, Mouse Grey Pearl with (powder coated) copper top plate. ETA is early December.

Thanks for sharing all the info here, it's been very helpful.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
BTW, can anyone share the dimensions of the flight case?
If this helps, the flightcase of the Horizon has the same dimensions as the Pacific flightcase

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Hello all! Just a friendly 'last call' for our event this weekend in Princeton, NJ, So far we have about 44 people who will bein attendance and we're looking forward to a great event. There is no cost to attend and it's always an enjoyable time with good people.

Feel free to PM me for info if you're interested in joining us!

Fred A.
I am very disappointed to report this event will need to be rescheduled. Unfortunately COVID has made it's way into our host's home and we will not be able to have the event October 1.

I'm very sorry guys, but we will announce a new date soon.

Reactions: Lobster

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing