Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

Sep 10, 2022
Does anyone have any insights about the new Golden Gate 3 available for order on the Lampizatorpoland site?

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Does anyone have any insights about the new Golden Gate 3 available for order on the Lampizatorpoland site?
The announcement was made but I'm not sure it was 100% ready to order just yet as I believe Lukasz was still putting on some finishing touches. Speaking to him this past weekend at the New York Audio Show, it should be a nice step up from the prior Golden Gate's with a few key differences including a new digital engine as well as improvements in the analog domain.

I'm hoping we'll have one ready for one of our rooms at Capital AudioFest this year as it is *very* promising.

Best,

Fred A.

Reactions: christoph

david82

Feb 15, 2019
Re: polarity, I have a Horizon and it's outstanding.

In my testing, it seems that it does invert absolute polarity. I tried an Android app (Polarity Checker) and two standalone physical testers, in each case playing a test track that comes with the tester through the Horizon, and it's showing inverted absolute polarity.

Can anyone confirm that's correct (how it should be operating)?

Not a big deal as I use Hqplayer and there's a simple button to press to Invert phase (ie, restore to absolute polarity)

kernelbob

Oct 23, 2011
Re: polarity, I have a Horizon and it's outstanding.

In my testing, it seems that it does invert absolute polarity. I tried an Android app (Polarity Checker) and two standalone physical testers, in each case playing a test track that comes with the tester through the Horizon, and it's showing inverted absolute polarity.

Can anyone confirm that's correct (how it should be operating)?

Not a big deal as I use Hqplayer and there's a simple button to press to Invert phase (ie, restore to absolute polarity)
Unfortunately, the absolute phase can vary from one recording to the next.. So, the problem with inconsistent absolute phase isn't something that can be changed once and be done with it. A phase reversal switch, preferably on a remote, makes it easy to toggle the setting to see which is correct. It just takes a few seconds..

david82

Feb 15, 2019
Unfortunately, the absolute phase can vary from one recording to the next.. So, the problem with inconsistent absolute phase isn't something that can be changed once and be done with it. A phase reversal switch, preferably on a remote, makes it easy to toggle the setting to see which is correct. It just takes a few seconds..

Totally valid point -- I meant absolute polarity relative to the input musical data, not relative to the original performance (to the degree there was one).

I just like to know which (if any) components in my system invert polarity so that I can control for that -- if I play the same recording on my system (or on two different systems), helps to control for any variables (e.g., polarity).

Reactions: ctydwn

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Lukasz, I was wondering what tubes you had in the Horizon at the NY audio show? I saw the KR 5U4G in the front. What else?

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Lukasz, I was wondering what tubes you had in the Horizon at the NY audio show? I saw the KR 5U4G in the front. What else?
Do you have a pic?
We could maybe spot what was used... ;)

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Inbound to a friend of mine maybe tmr, latest next week. Will advise on the performance when he gets it.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Inbound to a friend of mine maybe tmr, latest next week. Will advise on the performance when he gets it.
Anyone I know?

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
An interview with Lukasz at the NY Audio Show 2022

Along with our Horizon System in action!

This was a lovely system featuring our Horizon DAC played on the excellent GT Audio speakers driven by Manley Neo Classic 250s and a Pass Labs XP 32.

Lissnr

May 31, 2012
Native New Yorker
I was truly amazed with the GT Audio room at this year’s NY Audio show and the star of the system was the new Lampizator Horizon.
I have been a loyal Lampizator fan / owner for the past decade or so and my GG2 has been truly tremendous, but what the Horizon brings to the music table goes beyond what I have ever heard in reproduced music. What were formerly “ghostly images” on familiar recordings now reached a new level of “tangible presence” in the room…. Combined with my favorite power output tube the venerable EL34 stuffed to the cages in the incredible Manley 250 monoblocs it was a marriage made in heaven!
As you would imagine there was no surprise how alive the midrange sounded with the ‘34’s but the way the Horizon helped them stretch farther up the scales AND plunge into bass territory I’ve never known them to reach… was uncanny! This was an absolutely tremendous system that defined the word “awesome” as show-goers confirmed all day…
It has been more than a little sad how Covid has shaken the Audio Show aspect of our industry but with product this engaging… this compelling… this simply amazing… it’s a great way of confirming superb audio is alive and kicking once again.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
I was truly amazed with the GT Audio room at this year’s NY Audio show and the star of the system was the new Lampizator Horizon.
I have been a loyal Lampizator fan / owner for the past decade or so and my GG2 has been truly tremendous, but what the Horizon brings to the music table goes beyond what I have ever heard in reproduced music. What were formerly “ghostly images” on familiar recordings now reached a new level of “tangible presence” in the room…. Combined with my favorite power output tube the venerable EL34 stuffed to the cages in the incredible Manley 250 monoblocs it was a marriage made in heaven!
As you would imagine there was no surprise how alive the midrange sounded with the ‘34’s but the way the Horizon helped them stretch farther up the scales AND plunge into bass territory I’ve never known them to reach… was uncanny! This was an absolutely tremendous system that defined the word “awesome” as show-goers confirmed all day…
It has been more than a little sad how Covid has shaken the Audio Show aspect of our industry but with product this engaging… this compelling… this simply amazing… it’s a great way of confirming superb audio is alive and kicking once again.
Only listen to the Horizon in your system if you are prepared to commit because you will want to commit afterwards ;)

Reactions: seatrope

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
once you hear the Horizon, it becomes a no brainer

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
+ tons of tube rolling joy!

I may have a line on some Tesla 45w!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing