Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
I will upgrade server early next year. Aurender N30 is on the list, but no Roon is an issue for me, Also looking at going next gen with my Statement, Taiko and the Antipodes Oladra (which is gorgeous)…. Sorry if off topic, but any thoughts on pairing with Horizon that are based on real comparisons (I know there are tons of Taiko fanboys, and rightly so; it is great). What about the Lampi streamer? Wouldn’t that be a good option? Anyone have any experience with it?

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
I have zero issues wholeheartedly recommending LDMS server with the sound quality, reliability and beyond par customer support. Choice of customized chassis options is now significant so you really can nail it down even from that perspective.
Did not compare side by side vs any currently considered top dog servers on my side but know personally guys who did vs Lampi server and this was better.

Last edited:

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
I will upgrade server early next year. Aurender N30 is on the list, but no Roon is an issue for me, Also looking at going next gen with my Statement, Taiko and the Antipodes Oladra (which is gorgeous)…. Sorry if off topic, but any thoughts on pairing with Horizon that are based on real comparisons (I know there are tons of Taiko fanboys, and rightly so; it is great). What about the Lampi streamer? Wouldn’t that be a good option? Anyone have any experience with it?
You may want to read the LDMS Server thread.

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Read it. Very interesting indeed!! On my radar now for sure.

BTW a few weeks in and woke up today and the Horizon had shifted big time, opening up significantly… I think I am getting to full settle in and burn in… Wow. Just stunning. What a dac!!!

Listening to the final Part IV of Tedeschi Trucks Moon Cycle…. Epic sound. Like a concert in my room…

Charlie B.

Nov 8, 2017
Germany (100km north of Frankfurt)
According to my inquiry Horizon No. 40 is being assembeled right now and I will have to wait for my No. 50 another four weeks or so. Waiting like a kid for christmas...

Reactions: christoph

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
All good things come to those that wait, Charlie! I won't get mine for another 4- months, but I'm not suffering as I have a Pacific keeping the Horizon's place on my rack warm:)

Reactions: Charlie B.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
According to my inquiry Horizon No. 40 is being assembeled right now and I will have to wait for my No. 50 another four weeks or so. Waiting like a kid for christmas...
Merry Christmas Charlie. The wait will be worth it. Make sure you have tubes put away as they are all disappearing quickly

Reactions: Charlie B.

Charlie B.

Nov 8, 2017
Make sure you have tubes put away as they are all disappearing quickly
Waiting by my side:
1 Set of 4 Tung-Sol KT170
1 matched pair CSF 5687S (used, measured 120% + 115%; Woo Audio Adaptors)
1 matched pair Sylvania JAN-CHS-6SN7W 2-hole "BB" Plates Heavy Chrome Dome "Tests NOS"
1 PSVANE Acme 274B (in use in my Pacific right now)

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Waiting by my side:
1 Set of 4 Tung-Sol KT170
1 matched pair CSF 5687S (used, measured 120% + 115%; Woo Audio Adaptors)
1 matched pair Sylvania JAN-CHS-6SN7W 2-hole "BB" Plates Heavy Chrome Dome "Tests NOS"
1 PSVANE Acme 274B (in use in my Pacific right now)
I have 4 sets of the CSF Thomson 5687 and never thought I would change until dminches told me about the TS 6SN7 GT VT231 Round plate. They are like a 5687 on steroids

As for the rectifier search out the Tak 274B. It was an epiphany for me

Charlie B.

Nov 8, 2017
I have 4 sets of the CSF Thomson 5687 and never thought I would change until dminches told me about the TS 6SN7 GT VT231 Round plate. They are like a 5687 on steroids

As for the rectifier search out the Tak 274B. It was an epiphany for me
Maybe for my next birthday...

Reactions: ctydwn

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
I am working on one as well. Hard to find atm. All sold out everywhere….

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Sold out. Already PMd here….

• Wow
Reactions: ctydwn

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020
Thanks for that queue tidbit! That means my No. 53 is ~5 weeks out. So, about a 5 month wait in all.

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
yes. that is good price. I paid more than that—closer to 700 with shipping

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I am finally comparing the single-end and balanced outputs on the Horizon. Mark Coles sent me a demo XLR so I can compare that to my current Sablon RCA.

There is a volume difference between the 2 so I am adjusting for that when I switch.

Listening impressions to come at the end of the day.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I am finally comparing the single-end and balanced outputs on the Horizon. Mark Coles sent me a demo XLR so I can compare that to my current Sablon RCA.

There is a volume difference between the 2 so I am adjusting for that when I switch.

Listening impressions to come at the end of the day.
What are you feeding the Horizon with in this case? A physical disc transport or a streamer/server (non USB)? I personally hate XLR for digital as it has an engineering limit. RCA or better yet RJ45 i2S is far bettter. I dont like HDMI i2s too much either. Balanced with digital, a no no for me.

Reactions: Steve Williams

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
What are you feeding the Horizon with in this case? A physical disc transport or a streamer/server (non USB)? I personally hate XLR for digital as it has an engineering limit. RCA or better yet RJ45 i2S is far bettter. I dont like HDMI i2s too much either. Balanced with digital, a no no for me.

Norman, this for the output, not the input.

Reactions: wisnon

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing