Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
I just got a Lampi PAc. It is SO good. I cannot imagine ”better.” Seriously? How?!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
RK PX25 X4 and RK 5U4G…. Unbelievable. I am blown away! Sorry to derail this thread. But I would now seriously consider trading this towards a Horizon. I just cannot imagine better. better what? My system is now perfect.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
RK PX25 X4 and RK 5U4G…. Unbelievable. I am blown away! Sorry to derail this thread. But I would now seriously consider trading this towards a Horizon. I just cannot imagine better. better what? My system is now perfect.

Then don't change easily. Also try Lampi 45 and 242, then try horizon. Enjoy the Lampi process. What you will learn is that when the right valve locks in, and you might already have it, the joy and ability to listen for long increases exponentially.

rau

Aug 6, 2015
Wisconsin
Then don't change easily. Also try Lampi 45 and 242, then try horizon. Enjoy the Lampi process. What you will learn is that when the right valve locks in, and you might already have it, the joy and ability to listen for long increases exponentially.
I could of lived with my Pacific, it's a excellent DAC . I still have my TRP and enjoy it no reason to replace it

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
John T ---Like Steve, I am not a tube roller but I can definitely see the benefits. I have left my Pacific alone with the RK25's and have been happy. It is interesting because in the last year I added 16 Western Electric 300B tubes in my Amps and just in the last week added some NOS Tung-Sol Black Plate 6SN7 tubes and oh my the sound just changed immensely.

Regardless of the tubes, I get when my Horizon arrives, I already have all of the tubes I intend on using secured. I am confident even without hearing them that the tubes I have will be the ones I stick with. If I am wrong, I will just read this forum to get advice. LOL.

godofwealth

Feb 8, 2022
My listening to digital increased substantially when I got my Lampi Pacific. Prior to that, I listened perhaps once a week, preferring vinyl, as I couldn’t get excited over the sterile sound of my previous solid state DAC. The Lampi changed my view of what is possible to achieve in digital replay. It has narrowed the gap between first class analog sound and digital. Has it closed it? No. I still think vinyl holds an edge in the sheer tactility of the sound. But the Pacific does not depress me when I listen to digital. I no longer have to cringe when I play my favorite jazz and classical albums. I can actually enjoy the music. I haven’t heard the Horizon or any of the other Lampi DACs.

godofwealth

Feb 8, 2022
Anyone tried the PAC with these VAIC 45 tubes? Ginormous, but mellow like most 45s I’ve tried. Size seems completely uncorrelated with their sonic signature!

Attachments

• 2935DBEE-85BE-4CCD-A2E8-57C2DFCDC18A.jpeg
    2935DBEE-85BE-4CCD-A2E8-57C2DFCDC18A.jpeg
    663.1 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: christoph

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Did not hear anybody played with those VAIC 45s - i would say they are super rare and predecessors of EML 45s

Reactions: mr.gregdee

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
What rectifier are you using?

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Can this discussion be moved to the Pacific thread or the Lampi tube rolling thread? Too confusing.

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Gorgeous. What cables were used?

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
My show notes for the Jadis, Alsyvox and Taiko room read “open, open, open”. Indeed. The sound here projected so naturally and vividly into the room that I was captivated. An acoustic track also presented what was, in my HEM 2022’s experience, the deepest, widest and tallest soundstage. Said soundfield was populated with vivid images in tight focus. The low registers were expertly balanced and, at least while I was there through several tracks, sounded well-matched and integrated to the room. Vocals were sweet, never aggressive and projected with realistic presence. For such large panels, the sense of a performance rather than merely speakers was quite a palpable phenomenon. This is the best I’ve heard the Alsyvox speakers sound.

Edgar Kramer, Soundstage Australia

Link: https://www.soundstageaustralia.com...10-favourite-exhibits-at-high-end-munich-2022

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing