christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Will you ever stop your Anti-Lampi-Crusade? :eek:
It's getting boring :rolleyes:
How is that last post anti-Lampi?

I'm not anti-Lampi. I've posted a quadrillion posts about rolling valves in the things. Far more than you actually Christoph.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
How is that last post anti-Lampi?

I'm not anti-Lampi. I've posted a quadrillion posts about rolling valves in the things. Far more than you actually Christoph.
You know exactly it is not about that last post ;)

Oh right, I forgot that you also hate KR tubes :rolleyes:

Just because I don't write about EVERY tube ANYONE has EVER stuck into a Lampi DAC doesn't mean I haven't tried and heard a LOT of tubes.
Most of them are just not noteworthy enough for my taste, so I see no need to write poems about mediocre tubes just for the sake of showing that I tried them :p

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
You know exactly it is not about that last post ;)

Oh right, I forgot that you also hate KR tubes :rolleyes:

Just because I don't write about EVERY tube ANYONE has EVER stuck into a Lampi DAC doesn't mean I haven't tried and heard a LOT of tubes.
Most of them are just not noteworthy enough for my taste, so I see no need to write poems about mediocre tubes just for the sake of showing that I tried them :p
Ah I see. I am sorry I have offended you.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Cool.

These forums can get a bit heated sometimes and I accept I am straight forward in what I say and believe.

You are straightforward in your comments but you aren't truthful when denying that you have a bone to pick with Lukasz and Lampizator. You never miss an opportunity to say something negative about their products and him as an engineer. It really gets tiresome to keep reading it.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
You are straightforward in your comments but you aren't truthful when denying that you have a bone to pick with Lukasz and Lampizator. You never miss an opportunity to say something negative about their products and him as an engineer. It really gets tiresome to keep reading it.
How is not fixing a faulty DAC that is under warranty acceptable?

I had to get and pay for someone to fix it.

Please explain how that is untruthful?

I don't know what you have heard or read to the contrary, but this is the truth.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
How is not fixing a faulty DAC that is under warranty acceptable?

I had to get and pay for someone to fix it.

Please explain how that is untruthful?

I don't know what you have heard or read to the contrary, but this is the truth.

When did I say it was acceptable?

We know you don't respect Lukasz and have issues with him. What I don't get is why you hang around the discussion of Lampizator products just to make negative comments. We aren't the ones who didn't fix your DAC. I would think you would just move on and talk about products and companies you actually like.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
It's just a hobby and I do like Lampizator products when they work.

Lucasz is just a dude. He has people working for him. It's possible he wasn't directly involved. That said, it is his company and he should have taken responsibility.

I invite him to directly answer why he did not.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Deja vu.
It would be highly appropriate to create a thread dealing with your problems.
Let Lukasz and Lampazator to respond.
I would be happy to mediate.
Meanwhile unless you have a problem with Horizon this is not the place.

Last edited:

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Lukasz can start with Pacific but it would be great if it makes it all the way down the line. Here is hoping it makes it to amber/baltic level.
Amber 4 will be shipping in a couple weeks...

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Guys, please let Justin skulk about here. Otherwise he's back to banging on about Zus on my time.

Lukasz "Lampizator" Fikus

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jan 29, 2020
I asked Lukasz the same question when he was here. I know that they are labor intensive to build BUT for me the other answer Lukasz gave me is one that I stood up and took notice to......For reasons which only Lukasz can explain, there will only be 400 Horizons which will EVER be built. Once they are gone.......they will be gone forever. I know how many orders that have already been placed. I truly believe that the Horizon is so good that it will quickly sell out. If it does, I am also of the opinion that if they do sell out they will quickly become collectors' items , will be much sought after and if so their value not only will be preserved but I anticipate their value could even go up. If your order has been placed, you are in the queue and "your" DAC will be built. If anyone is considering the Horizon but sitting the fence, my best advice would be to make your mind up because only 400 will ever be produced. They are not endless as much as Lukasz and Fred would hope that would be the case. Judging by the enthusiasm and interest of so many people at my house this past weekend and orders placed, I bet the Horizon will sell out and become sought after because I doubt many will come back on the market for resale as a used item. Also I sensed from Lukasz the overwhelming joy he has when he talks about his new DAC, so much so that I heard comments that he cannot build anything better than the Horizon
Everything is explained on my www. We start rolling them out on feb 23 and 2 pieces per week will be made for 4 years.

Apk99 delete

Nov 8, 2021
As someone wanting to dip their toes into the Lampi waters for some time I have been following this thread with interest. First off what a fantastic host you are Steve for organizing this event and for opening your home. My hats off to you. Second, assuming a lot of the orders for the Horizon are through trade-up program, is there an official channel to purchase certified pre-owned and could someone share that info please?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing