Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

ctydwn

Aug 23, 2019
Hope all are doing well.
As I try to scratch the restless itch in anticipation of the Horizon, came across these two images now up on LampizatorPoland website.

In case folks hadn't seen...
Lampi DAC SQ comparison chart (wow to that last jumpo_O):
Lampizator DAC SQ Comp.jpeg
and Horizon vs Pacific comparison:

Pacific vs Horizon comparison.jpeg

Last edited:

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I am most excited about the opportunity to use 6SN7s/VT99s/ECC32s in the Horizon. They have always been among the best sounding tubes.

Reactions: Sablon Audio

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
I'm looking forward to seeing the stash of tubes Lukasz will be bringing to the Horizon soft release at my house on Feb 12-13. The jump in sound quality seems to be what this DAC is all about
I heard a roumor LOT is wet leasing from Emirates A380 for the flight Yoda will be on just to accomodate entire stash of tubes he plans to bring:cool:

iain

Jul 23, 2018
Double blind testing and objective measurements only. In fact the assessors were all blind, to absolutely preserve the purity of the process. They were not allowed to communicate at all. Or indeed enjoy the music in any way.

Reactions: wisnon

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
The Lampi audio room in Warsaw is very very very nice. I hear they have new AudioNEC speakers with rubanoid drivers as well as others like Sveda, etc. I was there 6 years ago and it was already outstanding.

Edit...darn auto correct!

Last edited:

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
The Lampi audio room in Warsaw is very very very nice. I hear they have new Audience speakers with rubanoid drivers as well as others like Sveda, etc. I was there 6 years ago and it was already outstanding.
Yes, Norman is correct. The AudioNec Evo 2 speakers just came in and Lukssz reports they're singing fantastic. Lukssz is actually the one that turned us on to the line which we added to our line up. Very unique stuff!

Reactions: mr.gregdee

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Double blind testing and objective measurements only. In fact the assessors were all blind, to absolutely preserve the purity of the process. They were not allowed to communicate at all. Or indeed enjoy the music in any way.
So … A graphical representation of purely subjective opinion ? As I cannot seem to find a link to the objective measurements you refer to.

ctydwn

Aug 23, 2019
Well, I am sure Lukasz/Lampizator can answer the question above, but at the end of the day sound quality/preferences are subjective. That said, I think Lukasz knows how his/their DACs measure up against one another and has the track record to support given his loyal and, I imagine, growing customer base. (and I believe @iain was being facetious re: objective measurements)

Last edited:
Reactions: iain

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Well, I am sure Lukasz/Lampizator can answer the question above, but at the end of the day sound quality/preferences are subjective. That said, I think Lukasz knows how his/their DACs measure up against one another and has the track record to support given his loyal and, I imagine, growing customer base.
Well thats all very nice … however if a manufacturer provides a graph of this nature including a ‘scale ‘perhaps a little further context illuminating how and by what method that scale was arrived at would be appreciated , particularly pertaining if including the wording
”objective measurements “

Last edited:

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
I am looking forward to the soft intro event at Steve's house and am very appreciative of him hosting this historic weekend.. My wife and I were just discussing logistics as we are coming from Arizona. She asked what the date was and I told her. She said, Oh that is Valentine's weekend. I told her Happy Valentines Day dear. She laughed. I may have to spend a night in Palm Springs on the way home to atone for my guilty pleasures. :):cool::D

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Yes but they will need several hundred hrs burn in to fully open up ?
We might not even like them. Lukasz favorite is the KR KT88 and that is what he is shipping with my Horizon.

Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

I am looking forward to the soft intro event at Steve's house and am very appreciative of him hosting this historic weekend.. My wife and I were just discussing logistics as we are coming from Arizona. She asked what the date was and I told her. She said, Oh that is Valentine's weekend. I told her Happy Valentines Day dear. She laughed. I may have to spend a night in Palm Springs on the way home to atone for my guilty pleasures. :):cool::D
Im looking forward to meeting you and your wife

Steve Williams

So based on post 44 on this ever evolving thread I was most interested to notice Lukasz preferences in tube decisions for the Horizon

The 6900 was his favorite and doing my due diligence on a tube I had never heard of and discovering that there were perhaps only 3000 of these ever made. I managed to find a quad matched NOS set of 6900's with standard socket prongs and put up some pictures of these a few weeks ago.

After purchasing these 2 matched sets one by Mu and the other by National one of my leads from my prior search reached out to me with a brand new matched set of Cetron 6900's with the fabled gold pins and measuring 84/84 and 84/84. Both tubes came from the same batch made in 1973 so these look to be the ones I will try first. Also I was sent a single 6900 also new from a manufacturer that I find difficult to read. I put up a photo of this tube which also has a painted tip as it has had cryogenic. Perhaps someone can identify the manufacturer

So I now have 3 1/2 sets of 6900's but depending on what Lukasz is sending me the 6900 might never find a permanent place in my systemSo stay tuned . Here are some photos of my 6900 stash. They can be found on the internet

Reactions: Bobofei86 and Golum

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing