Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

Lukasz "Lampizator" Fikus

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jan 29, 2020
Horizon-Main-image.jpg

Horizon
The DAC of the future

Just when I thought that our TOTL Pacific DAC would be the end of the road for us, we decided to change the tactics concerning the improvements. Instead of making small incremental improvements of the flagship Pacific, we decided to freeze it and instead - start a new project. Little did we know about the coming future - about Covid, lockdowns and the AKM factory fire. Starting from a blank sheet we tried to reinvent everything about the DAC that we know, while learning what we don’t.

In 2019 we heard for the first time the prototype, and frankly - we were shocked how different it was from what we are used to. Thanks to a revolutionary chip technology, like nothing we have seen before - it was possible to create a real monster. It took almost a year to write software that controls the DAC process, especially for DSD512. By using our own custom firmware we made a DAC that nobody else has and nobody else will.

Summarising, the DAC turned out to be incredibly good. Hence the name THE HORIZON. It is something we look at while on the ocean. It is where we are aiming. From our competitors perspective - the Horizon is where they see us. It is also something endless, undefined, and desired. That's where we want to be.

The resulting DAC is a true flagship. It has everything it can have, and we know for a fact that nobody else can use solutions that we use. I can say with full confidence that you are getting a unique masterpiece of craftsmanship that will deliver top of the game sound for many years to come. Who knows, chances are it will never be surpassed.

Key highlights include:

• Proprietary, firmware driven conversion process with 760kHz PCM and DSD512.
• No silicon anywhere in the signal path.
• Silver wiring inside.
• Copper sheet, true metal capacitors in the signal path.
• CNC milled chassis.
• 6SN7 conversion tubes.
• EL34 output driver tubes.
• Volume control of the highest possible caliber in every unit, featuring a full bypass function.
• All units are true balanced and SE at the same time.
• Zero feedback, either local or global.
• Zero opamps.
• Tube rectified power supply.
• Thousands of tube rolling permutations.
• Unit weight 72lbs.

Horizon Large - 1.jpg Horizon Large - 2.jpg Horizon Large - 3.jpg Horizon Large - 4.jpg Horizon Large - 5.jpg Horizon Large - 6.jpg Horizon Large - 7.jpg Horizon Large - 8.jpg Horizon Large - 9.jpg

ctydwn

Aug 23, 2019
Oh my goodness. Congratulations Lukasz and team! Can’t wait to learn (hear) more. Gorgeous modern/retro look

Reactions: MJG and LampiNA

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
The cat is now out of the bag!

The world debut of Lukssz' finest design to date, The Horizon DAC, will be in our (Lampizator NA/DSG) exhibition room at the upcoming Florida Audio Expo 2022 show.

We will be demonstrating this marvel alongside fantastic horns from Tobian Sound Systems and a full cable loom from Final Touch Audio.

This will not be a room to miss!

kernelbob

Oct 23, 2011
Great news! I have the Pacific and have been nothing but very satisfied with its performance. Any comments on the Horizon's sonic world compared with the Pacific? Also, thanks for the opportunity to fully bypass the built-in volume control--- a common configuration for all.

Robert

Last edited:
Reactions: marslo and LampiNA

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations, Lukasz!

Reactions: MJG and LampiNA

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
We will make an announcement soon regarding retail pricing... The current state of the supply chain made it a bit more complicated.

I can say the price tag will be above the Pacific, which will remain our statement DHT-based DAC.

Last edited:

Puma Cat

Feb 20, 2011
SF East Bay Area
Looks pretty interesting.

The products shots of the Horizon could be better, though, to show what I am sure is an incredible DAC.

BTW, I'm sure loving my Baltic 3 I bought earlier this year. My review for it is coming out in the next issue (January 2022) of The Absolute Sound.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
View attachment 85445

Horizon
The DAC of the future

Just when I thought that our TOTL Pacific DAC would be the end of the road for us, we decided to change the tactics concerning the improvements. Instead of making small incremental improvements of the flagship Pacific, we decided to freeze it and instead - start a new project. Little did we know about the coming future - about Covid, lockdowns and the AKM factory fire. Starting from a blank sheet we tried to reinvent everything about the DAC that we know, while learning what we don’t.

In 2019 we heard for the first time the prototype, and frankly - we were shocked how different it was from what we are used to. Thanks to a revolutionary chip technology, like nothing we have seen before - it was possible to create a real monster. It took almost a year to write software that controls the DAC process, especially for DSD512. By using our own custom firmware we made a DAC that nobody else has and nobody else will.

Summarising, the DAC turned out to be incredibly good. Hence the name THE HORIZON. It is something we look at while on the ocean. It is where we are aiming. From our competitors perspective - the Horizon is where they see us. It is also something endless, undefined, and desired. That's where we want to be.

The resulting DAC is a true flagship. It has everything it can have, and we know for a fact that nobody else can use solutions that we use. I can say with full confidence that you are getting a unique masterpiece of craftsmanship that will deliver top of the game sound for many years to come. Who knows, chances are it will never be surpassed.

Key highlights include:

• Silver wiring inside.
• CNC milled chassis.
• 6SN7 conversion tubes.
• Volume control of the highest possible caliber in every unit, featuring a full bypass function.
• Zero opamps.
• Unit weight 72lbs.

View attachment 85457 View attachment 85458 View attachment 85459 View attachment 85460 View attachment 85461 View attachment 85462 View attachment 85463 View attachment 85464 View attachment 85465
Congrats on the launch.it really looks beautiful.

Reactions: MJG

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
I hope that the internal architecture of the Horizon DAC can adopt a modular approach so that it can be relatively future-proof and easier to upgrade.
:)

bmoura

Sep 6, 2013
View attachment 85445

Horizon
The DAC of the future

Key highlights include:

• Silver wiring inside.
• CNC milled chassis.
• 6SN7 conversion tubes.
• Zero opamps.
• Unit weight 72lbs.

View attachment 85457 View attachment 85458 View attachment 85459 View attachment 85460 View attachment 85461 View attachment 85462 View attachment 85463 View attachment 85464 View attachment 85465

Congratulations on the Lampizator Horizon DAC! Looks very impressive.

Reactions: MJG and Puma Cat

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
Count me in. I wonder what the recommended tubes will be?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing