Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I sure hope so! 100 hours doesn't seem like a lot to me. Hopefully tomorrow mine will arrive. As noted I intend on playing the snot out of it...
John

you have a superb stash of tubes that yiu have amassed. Same as Will. Don’t be shy and get them quickly into the rotation once you’ve gotten an idea of the sound from the tubes that came with the DAC

Reactions: John T

dbeau

Apr 20, 2018
OKC,USA
So here is my first take on the Lampizator Horizon DAC:

I would still regard the Pacific as a great DAC. I loved it up to the last day before delivery of the new one. I can wholeheartedly recommend to pick up one of the used ones now on the market (available through Lampizator´s buy back policy f. i.). But if you plan to do that never listen to the Horizon!
Just did this :D
Traded Baltic 3 for used Pacific balanced and though SQ is not the 5x difference of the retail sale price it is worth every penny of the great buy during this short time of opportunity of some Pacs becoming available. It was done through Rob/LampizatOr NA who gave extraordinary support.
I think this is my 'end game' on a DAC.

Tuckia

Jun 3, 2019
I sure hope so! 100 hours doesn't seem like a lot to me. Hopefully tomorrow mine will arrive. As noted I intend on playing the snot out of it...
John,
Do you have your Extreme configured for the Horizon yet?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Just did this :D
Traded Baltic 3 for used Pacific balanced and though SQ is not the 5x difference of the retail sale price it is worth every penny of the great buy during this short time of opportunity of some Pacs becoming available. It was done through Rob/LampizatOr NA who gave extraordinary support.
I think this is my 'end game' on a DAC.

it might scale up much more worth the price once you roll some DHTs

John T

Feb 15, 2022
John,
Do you have your Extreme configured for the Horizon yet?
Greg, not yet. I did send a message to Ed and Christiaan. Wanted to make sure the package arrived without further delay. DHL with Taiko was smooth as silk. If I knew what I was doing its not a whole lot to change. Currently on USB Driver 3 which will change to USB Driver 4. Bit rate from 24 to 32...

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Greetings all! I wanted to extend a formal invitation for you to join use next week at Capital AudioFest as we present the LampizatOr Horizon DAC in several statement rooms.

In the extra large entry room we will be showing the Horizon wish VAC and Von Schweikert in a cost no object all out assault system which must be heard to be believed.

We will also have a Horizon DAC with Von Schweikert and VAC in the smaller VSA room no __

Lastly we will be featuring the Horizon DAC in room 524 alongside GT Audio as they make a surprise debut of a new statement speaker. This room will also feature the phenomenal amplification from Westminster Audio as we make the North American debut of the REI monoblocks and Quest preamplifier.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Fred A.

1667574645533.png

John T

Feb 15, 2022
My Horizon arrived. Christiaan was attempting to get me up and running. The Taiko and Horizon do not want to shake hands. Christiaan is waiting on Ed or Emile. Switched back to DV2 no problems. I have the Horizon at input 4 and number 63 for volume. Am I missing something here??? Any help will be appreciated...John

John T

Feb 15, 2022
I'm using a preamp...

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
With 63db of attenuation, the default setting on my Baltic after a power down, I get zero sound output into my Riviera Integrated amp.

Are you using usb driver 4 on your Extreme?

On the Horizon 63 is the loudest it will play, not the softest. 63 bypasses the attenuation circuitry.

John T

Feb 15, 2022
With 63db of attenuation, the default setting on my Baltic after a power down, I get zero sound output into my Riviera Integrated amp.

Are you using usb driver 4 on your Extreme?
I appreciate it anyway...Yes USB driver 4, perhaps issue in shipping...Emile was on it and so was Christiaan...

John T

Feb 15, 2022
I can be quick to be critical or praise, this is praise. Long story short, I had an issue with DHL. I cannot believe what Lukasz and Fred did to turn a bad situation into a good one. In a very short period of time. Thank you to both for making the problem a distant memory...Very much appreciated...John

Last edited:

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
I can be quick to be critical or praise, this is praise. Long story short, I had an issue with DHL. I cannot believe what Lukasz and Fred did to turn a bad situation into a good good one. In a very short period of time. Thank you to both for making the problem a distant memory...Very much appreciated...John
Told ya… ;)

jpwelcher

Sep 24, 2021
Also at the capital fest I noticed that the horizons had different tube types for the 6sn7 depending on the room. One of the horizons had what seemed to be a 12ax7 or 12au7. Dont know the exact tube since the room was dark and my eye sight is spotty. Does anyone know if a 12ax7 with an adapter can be used in the Horizon?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
These were the tubes used

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing