lamm m2.2 to 1.2

mitch2

Mar 28, 2016
I appreciate reading the comments on this forum since it helped me decide on M1.2s over M2.2s. I have them set-up here and there is just something about Class A I really like. They drive my 90dB Aerials just fine and, even running at low impedance, I have all the power I need for anything but a beach party. They came with the Russian 6H23 Rocket tubes, which sounded quite good, but I believe they sound better with a pair of Amperex Jan 7308 white label tubes, that display just a bit more body, nice full bass and are maybe just a touch smoother on top.

I also figured out I like them better with solid core speaker cables (vs. stranded).

Regarding the bias, should I understand that, when set on low, these amps output;
110 wpc into 4 ohms, all Class A,
55 wpc into 8 ohms, all Class A, and
220 wpc into 2 ohms, with only 55wpc in Class A?

About us

• Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing