LaFerrari hybrid at $1.5m

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I believe the P1 is an hybrid too... They've seen the future and it's electric ;)

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from whats been disclosed about the porsche 918, mac p1 and the fancy fiat, only the 918 and P1 can operate on elec power exclusively - this was a missed opportunity on ferraris part. i tend to agree with rockit, the p1 will prove to be the best track-centric car, porsche the most usable/driveable/reliable. laferrari has won the hp wars but the p-car and mac are turbo'd and power can be increased easily, laferrari is normally aspirated. im neutral on laferaris looks, certainly better than the outgoing enzo. still, the all-time best looking f-cars --imo--were the scaglietti and fantuzzi bodied sports racing cars of the '50s and early '60s.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
but it could be from any manufacturer... the design is good but not very strong in term of character. it looks like an exercise in style but with no root .. no past.

My sentiments EXACTLY. Little bit of Lotus nose, bit of NSX cabin, i8's ass, etc. The McL trademark isn't the overused crescent/boomerang, it's the roof scoop and in this one they opted to have it visually disappear into the panoramic glass. A slightly more visible roof air intake (Paint it body color!) would've taken it all the way home IMO. Tied things up perfectly to McLaren's racing heritage.

I never would have nit picked the P1 but the LaFerrari made me do it!

As for the Veneno............yuck. I can't think of anything but a total redo.

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing