Kondo electronics, single ended or balanced.

2Windows

Sep 20, 2020
For what I see the Kondo Audio Note preffers to use electronics with single end rca instead of balanced xlr.
I guess kondo electronics is optimized for single ended, pre amp g1000i with only one balanced input, kagura2i specs said xlr input is in unbalanced too
(XLR x1 unbalanced, 2:HOT), how?

Most other manufacters have electronics with more balanced input in their pre amps than single ended, I'm thinking if there is a downside to go full single ended rca route with Kondo electronics instead of balanced xlr. Will pair Kondo with Lampizator pacific-dac, with balanced or single ended, just enquiring the better way to go.

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
For what I see the Kondo Audio Note preffers to use electronics with single end rca instead of balanced xlr.
I guess kondo electronics is optimized for single ended, pre amp g1000i with only one balanced input, kagura2i specs said xlr input is in unbalanced too
(XLR x1 unbalanced, 2:HOT), how?

Most other manufacters have electronics with more balanced input in their pre amps than single ended, I'm thinking if there is a downside to go full single ended rca route with Kondo electronics instead of balanced xlr. Will pair Kondo with Lampizator pacific-dac, with balanced or single ended, just enquiring the better way to go.
After the Kondo gear's topology is per definition single ended, I would definitely go with a single ended Pacific DAC :cool:

And as a further benefit, having the Pacific single ended is much cheaper when rolling tubes ;)
I would also opt for the remote Volume Control/preamp option as this gives you the most flexibility when rolling tubes...

Reactions: 2Windows

2Windows

Sep 20, 2020
After the Kondo gear's topology is per definition single ended, I would definitely go with a single ended Pacific DAC :cool:

And as a further benefit, having the Pacific single ended is much cheaper when rolling tubes ;)
I would also opt for the remote Volume Control/preamp option as this gives you the most flexibility when rolling tubes...
Yes, I'm doing some research about it and saw that Kondo electronics topology are single ended unbalanced and Allnic Audio topology also is unbalanced, almost all manufacters make electronics in single ended tube with unbalanced topology, the electronics that use single ended triodes works much better when using an unbalanced input/output.
I think a dac using single ended scheme works better with single ended output, there is less circuits and transformes to make it balanced, thats why I asked if the lampizator pacific works better in unbalanced output, I think that theres another piece in the hardware to make the signal of single ended triode to balanced.

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Yes, I'm doing some research about it and saw that Kondo electronics topology are single ended unbalanced and Allnic Audio topology also is unbalanced, almost all manufacters make electronics in single ended tube with unbalanced topology, the electronics that use single ended triodes works much better when using an unbalanced input/output.
I think a dac using single ended scheme works better with single ended output, there is less circuits and transformes to make it balanced, thats why I asked if the lampizator pacific works better in unbalanced output, I think that theres another piece in the hardware to make the signal of single ended triode to balanced.
What did you get finally?
SE or Balanced?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing