JV's Ramblings and other such nonsense!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
The Alan Parsons Project - I Robot (Arista UK pressing) - Nice addition to my CANADA, U.S., Classic and MFSL releases/reissues.

CSN&Y - Deja Vu
(FRANCE release/pressing in GERMANY) - Will be interesting to see how this sounds against the Canadian and my MFSL reissue

CSN&Y - Deja Vu (CANADA release) - My original has been better days, so a replacement was warranted.

Used Lps.jpg

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Re-posting from some time ago because I just listened to it, and it's my favourite GENESIS song!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
A late lunch!

A tomato, bacon, mushroom and peas sauce served over Fettuccini!

Bacon Tomato Mushroom Peas Sauce.jpg

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I am indeed a lucky guy! :D

A buddy of mine from work and his wife called me this morning to say they want to treat me to a concert before I depart out West for Calgary. So on Wednesday December 3rd I'm going to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto.

And even though I am now retired, I have also been invited to the Costco Christmas Party in 2 weeks.

I am indeed a lucky guy!:D

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Sad post, but I play this song and indeed the whole album every year on this day. It's been 5 years since my Dad passed away and it was his favourite. This one's for you Papa!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Half of a Pork Tenderloin on standby with some Montreal Steak Spice. It'll go in the oven at 375 for about 30 minutes, which will allow it to cook through yet still retain all of the internal juices. Some Roast Potatoes and Brussel sprouts will go with it, as will some sauteed onions and a gravy.

Pork Tenderloin.jpg

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Best wishes, Johnny...enjoy the music and the memories.

Sad post, but I play this song and indeed the whole album every year on this day. It's been 5 years since my Dad passed away and it was his favourite. This one's for you Papa!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Best wishes, Johnny...enjoy the music and the memories.

Thanks Lloyd! I miss the old guy, but I'm not really sad. It's just nice to remember and pay a small tribute.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
The cold weather is slowly starting to become a part of life for the next 6 months, and while I'm not fond of it, it does allow us once again to enjoy those hearty wintertime meals. It's time therefore to bring out those recipes of hearty meals that are for me true comfort foods.

So today I decided to make a Meatloaf. This time I made it without any topping or basting...just a nekkid Meatloaf. I have made a separate tomato-based sauce for when it's served. Mashed potatoes and Green Beans will come along for the ride as well.

Meatloaf 1.jpg

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Scored some tickets for The Tragically Hip on February 9 at the Saddledome in Calgary! Super pumped as I've never seen them before and they are one of my favourite bands! :cool:

Going to treat my brother-in-law and best friend.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Apple Pie anyone? It's fresh out of the oven! Mmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!

Apple Pie 1.jpg Apple Pie 3.jpg

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Looks great John. We are overwhelmed with Apples. We wait and wait for the fruit then all of a sudden, we have literally hundreds of pounds of it! Been drying them for snacks. But making a beautiful pie like that is something I need to ask my wife to make :).

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
stuck in head.jpg

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
YMCA.jpg

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Memories!

John 1975.jpg

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
You were quite a Stud Muffin!

Yeah, but that was then! I look more like a "Doughy Muffin" now! Still delicious though! LOL!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
These arrived in the last week.

Alan Parsons - On Air.jpg Peter Gabriel 3 Melt Classic Clarity 200g.jpg Pink Floyd - The Endless River.jpg RLJ - Debut SHM-CD.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing