Joes’ New System Install

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
We had a partial install today.
The EMM PRE and DAC and Aurender NA30SA w Sunyata Everest and Sigma and Alpha cables. Dealer ordered some longer Sigma interconnects and USB cable today, as the ones he acquired were a little short. Of course, once installed the amps will be placed further apart.

We still have an EMM Transport, VAC Phono stage, and J. Sikora TT coming.

Though still breaking in the sound is already incredible. Will post more pics as the new equipment arrives.

0073D36B-8D99-43D6-A84A-0E973FFD6AFE.jpeg

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
We had a partial install today.
The EMM PRE and DAC and Aurender NA30SA w Sunyata Everest and Sigma and Alpha cables. Dealer ordered some longer Sigma interconnects and USB cable today, as the ones he acquired were a little short. Of course, once installed the amps will be placed further apart.

We still have an EMM Transport, VAC Phono stage, and J. Sikora TT coming.

Though still breaking in the sound is already incredible. Will post more pics as the new equipment arrives.

View attachment 84979
Very nice congrats.

Reactions: Audire

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
When finished it should be:

Speakers: Magico M3s w/ MPODs

Amps: Pass Labs X260.8s

Phono: J. Sikora Standard Max Turntable
Tonearms: 2 x J. Sikora KV12 Kevlar Tonearms
Carts: Airtight Opus1 and MSL Platinum Signature
Phono Stage: VAC Renaissance

Pre-Amp: EMM PRE

Digital: EMM DA2 V2, EMM TX2 CD/SACD, Aurender N30SA & ACS10

Power Conditioner: Shunyata Everest w/SSF Feet
Cables: Shunyata Sigma, Alpha and Aural Symphonics Optimism Fiber Optic
Cable Elevators: Shunyata DF-SS
3 x Dedicated Circuits (10g) with Shunayta SR-Z1 Outlets

Rack: Adona Reference, 2 x Custom Eric’s C3s and 2 x Zero GR1 Amp Stands

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Some pictures of the Everest, EMM DAC and PRE, Aurender N30SA and ACS10 are below. You can also see the Sigma Power and Speaker cables along with the DF-SS Cable Elevators. Some rearranging still needs to be done.

The Everest is huge!!! Its height comes above the ACS10 which is on the second shelf. But it does an extraordinary job. Streaming through the N30SA is awesome. The clarity, richness and the soundstage is incredible. Combined with the EMM duo (PRE and DAC), soon to be a trio (Transport), everything from my previous system has been improved. It should be getting better in 500 hours after break-in.

We installed a Cable Management system on the back of the rack. This will help reduce stress on the cables/outlets. After we are satisfied with the install of the equipment we will more so utilize those. The only one we are using at this time is for the Sigma USB cable from the PRE to the N30SA.

System Picture of EMM and Aurender and Adona Rack install:

IMG_3082.jpg

EMM PRE and DAC Picture:

IMG_3080.jpg

Aurender NA30SA and ACS10 Picture:

IMG_3081.jpg

Shunyata Everest and DF-SS Elevator Picture (the pic is rather deceptive as it appears to show the Everest extending beyond the rack, but it doesn't):

IMG_8975.jpg

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
Amazing @Audire I like the full Shunyata loom of cabling.

The Everest (to me) has been transformative. I'm sure as you get more hours on the system you'll be more impressed.

How were you able to source the EMM transport? It is my understanding that it has been discontinued for quite some time.

Further, looks like Suncoast in Florida no longer carries EMM. If so, I assume you were able to get a good deal on the DV2 and PRE if they were demo pieces.

Enjoy in good health.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Amazing @Audire I like the full Shunyata loom of cabling.

The Everest (to me) has been transformative. I'm sure as you get more hours on the system you'll be more impressed.

How were you able to source the EMM transport? It is my understanding that it has been discontinued for quite some time.

Further, looks like Suncoast in Florida no longer carries EMM. If so, I assume you were able to get a good deal on the DV2 and PRE if they were demo pieces.

Enjoy in good health.

Many thanks. Yes, I'm hoping the sound improves. There's a lot of new stuff, EMM DAC, PRE, N30SA, the Everest and cabling, so it's going to take some time to settle down. It's not up to what I heard in my home demo yet, but it is better than what I had ... I expect it to rise above what I heard in the demo with the new cabling and N30SA (this is already unbelievable - the soundstage incredible), but that will take some time.

I moved to N. FL, so I'm no longer close to Suncoast Audio (app 6-7 hours away with stops). Another dealer close by was an imperative for one very important reason. I'm getting a TT. I haven't had one in a long time, so the learning curve is extensive!!!

I've been reading many threads for over the past two years which have been extremely helpful. This is the best TT forum of all time - well the best audio forum period. You guys really know your stuff. I'm very thankful to everyone here. But I know I will still need further assistance from time to time. I like to see it done before I do it! While some of the guys in the local audiophile club here will help from time to time, having my dealer close by is an imperative.

EMM was kind of enough to ship a demo PRE and DAC to my new dealer. He's a great guy and carries a lot of other equipment that isn't on his website. He knows audio - and is very honest. Unbelievable customer service. And he loves tubes! Great guy. He did the partial install yesterday.

With my old system, we conducted some tests with the MSB Select II (fully loaded) against the EMM. I desired Magico M3s and MSB for at least two years, but when I heard the EMM that was it! EMM took their demos back and shipped some new units. My dealer found a new old stock Transport at another dealer. He got me an incredible deal on it. I had it shipped to EMM to make sure everything was right. It is. They are preparing to ship it to my dealer next week I think.

From what I understand, Esoteric was EMM's source for the drives, so they "may" come out with a new Transport later based upon another drive - but Ed is very particular so it may be a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdp632

The Knife

Nov 13, 2020
Stockholm, Sweden
Fantastic system !

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
It’s been a few days now. I’ve been running the DAC, PRE and N30 non-stop. While they still have a way to go, the sound is now beginning to evolve some. The system is beginning to sound more and more analogue like. EMM is a solid performer. IMO, the N30 is flawless (for us) as a streamer.

Reactions: The Knife

battles

Dec 11, 2011
Hi Audire,

Phenomenal system! Nice that you have access to some very good dealers in Florida who’ve helped you demo and curate SOTA hardware that comprise it…just in time for the holidays!

Had a quick question for you. I have a N30SA on order which I intend to upgrade to 16TBs of storage to accommodate the 15.8TBs of music I have on hand that I’ll likely never listen to. . Saying that, I noticed that you also invested in the Aurender ACS10. Assuming you don’t have more than 16TB of local music files, is there a reason why you felt the need to purchase it? My understanding is that besides the N30SA’s storage “limitations” it does not benefit or require the ACS10 for streaming, etc.

Thanks,
Blake

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Hi Audire,

Phenomenal system! Nice that you have access to some very good dealers in Florida who’ve helped you demo and curate SOTA hardware that comprise it…just in time for the holidays!

Had a quick question for you. I have a N30SA on order which I intend to upgrade to 16TBs of storage to accommodate the 15.8TBs of music I have on hand that I’ll likely never listen to. . Saying that, I noticed that you also invested in the Aurender ACS10. Assuming you don’t have more than 16TB of local music files, is there a reason why you felt the need to purchase it? My understanding is that besides the N30SA’s storage “limitations” it does not benefit or require the ACS10 for streaming, etc.

Thanks,
Blake

Hi,

Many thanks. You have many TBs of music more than I do. WOW!

I already owned the ASC10 before receiving the NA30SA. You don't need it for storage. Since they are computers I'm backing all my music on both.

I kept the ACS10 primarily to rip CDs. You'll going to enjoy the N30. It's awesome.

battles

Dec 11, 2011
Got it - thanks.

Yes, I’m looking forward to receiving my N30SA. Should be arriving the week after next!

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Got it - thanks.

Yes, I’m looking forward to receiving my N30SA. Should be arriving the week after next!

Congrats on your forthcoming unit. Huge box, it's surprisingly heavy. The N30SA begins breaking in well around 50 hours or so. I understand it takes 500 hours to get to optimum. It's heaven!!!

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
The N30 isn’t sounding as good this morning. It’s supposed to take app 500 hours to fully break-in. It was sounding great after app 50 hours. Now at app 175 hours not so good. Needs more play time….

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
I located the problem. The EMM remote has what it calls a Polarity button on it. I pressed it and the Magic all returned. Sounding better than ever.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing