Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am not sure to hear differences

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bibo01

Nov 26, 2013
Dear Friends,

After our first test "Jitter vs. no-Jitter" here it is another test, actually two, on our ability to recognize jitter.

Following the advice of the user "mitchco" We have prepared a file containing two songs by Marilyn Mazur & Jan Garbarek from the album "Elixir" - "Bell-Painting" and "Elixir" - for high and low range respectively, with high DR.

At the moment I do not want to give too much technical information, which will be given at the end of the survey. The two tests seem the same, but obviously they are not.
Both songs were recorded with two equal converters, but one was defective and produced much jitter.

In both tests we have to try to recognize the song with LESS jitter.

The poll will last one week only and it is published on three forums: NextHardware, ComputerAudiophile, WhatsBest.

For "Jitter vs. no-jitter Part II" the tracks can be downloaded from:
dropcanvas - instant drag and drop sharing - canvas view
or
https://www.dropbox.com/s/agbq0wizwa301au/Test 1.zip?dl=0

For "Jitter vs. no-jitter Part III" the tracks can be downloaded from:
dropcanvas - instant drag and drop sharing - canvas view
or
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pis3kp818onp168/Test 2.zip?dl=0

Good listening!

Last edited:

esldude

I am the only one that voted so far. Surely some folks can do better than me. My main rig with Soundlabs is not up and running currently so I used a system with a total cost of a touch under $1000. Plenty here wouldn't use a USB cable costing so little. Surely those guys can hear this jitter. Of course until results are revealed I don't know if I did or not. I did get the last test right so odds are against me being lucky a second and third time.

Come on folks, step up and be counted.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing