I've resigned my modness....

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
No big deal, but I find that I'm just not suited for it. Not here. There are people here I really need to put on ignore, and their noise level is growing, not diminishing. You can't really ignore people and be a mod, so, while I was happy to serve for a time, that time has passed.

Tim

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Tim, thanks and congratulations on a very difficult job. The site is dominated by a few and we need to see others get much more active. Good to have you.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Thank you Tim! I'm personally quite sorry to see you resign because you are so active here, but I understand it.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Tim,

Many thanks for your considerable time...just the sheer number of your posts says a lot about your time and effort, to say nothing of your always cogent posts. I respect your convictions. Hopefully, you will continue to stay on in a more 'relaxed', non-official capacity. Regards.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of those thanking Tim for serving as moderator.

Tim, I hope you continue to actively particpate. Your input is greatly appreciated.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
WBF is like family...I enjoy the exchange of ideas,strong personalities,and excellent communication. Sometimes family members **** each other off don't you know.

I'll be the first to ask. Please reconsider Tim. Your decision is respected though and thank you for input.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks Tim, sorry to see you resign. Your posts in green were always fair. Look at the bright side, now you can go bare knuckles.

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Tim...

Your prose was/is poetry...
with discussion redolent of logic and intuition...

Our loss...
I will hope we stay in touch *

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Thanks for all your time Tim.. With time so precious as we grow older, one needs to take a step back every now and then to appreciate what we have.

Hope you will continue to contribute your experience and expertise..... !

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Thanks, everyone, but this feels a bit like a wake. I'm not going anywhere, I just stopped being a mod, and put a couple of people on ignore. The latter means I'll probably post less, but that will be a good thing. My interactions with those folks had grown more negative over the last couple of months, and I just don't want to go there. I came to WBF because this was a place where the science of audio could be questioned, but was honored, a place where there was real expertise, and a balance between the subjective and the measurable. But a handful of voices seem to be pressurizing this room, insisting that their opinions are reality, even when the facts are not on their side, and playing whack-a-mole with dissenters. They're changing the personality of the place, I'm afraid. My recommendation is don't let them do it. Reject the method even if you agree with the madness. But I'm going to try to stop fighting that battle myself. I'm going to try to look the other way. And I can't do that and be a mod at the same time.

Tim

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing