It is hell getting old... Again!

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Just seen on the TV news some lovely footage from New York zoo of a panda having a great time in the snow.
Probably on Youtube by now.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Oh, to be a panda! Just finished round two of total snow removal. Over 20 inches so far. By the time I was finished, there was two more inches on the ground. Sick of it already.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Hi Barry. With a snow blower it hasn't taken me that long but still..... Finished this morning. The easy part was the final 6 inches off the driveway and the walkways. The problem was the 36 inches the snow plows dumped on my sidewalk! That makes me feel old.

RayDunzl

Jun 26, 2014
Tampa
I need to mow the grass, but I think I'll wait...

45 degrees here right now.

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
Pictures! (or we don't believe you)

well, cred be damned ... Carol the only pictures of him (relatively recently, deceased) are hard copies that I must find/dig for ... if so inclined I'll snap a picture of an old picture as proof of his existence. Speaking of which, an amazing cat, lots of stories, big part Siamese, but perhaps he was more Orca inclined and coloured than a Panda. ...

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
Awww... :( Sorry. Glad you have good memories of him. I'd love to hear the stories some time.

K, 1 for now ... (keeping in accordance to the violent panda segue)

At one time, 1 dog and 2 cats came with the family. Across the street, conveniently, was a park. I'd take my puppy for a walk there and often, said cat would join us. He wasn't afraid of dogs, hell, he wasn't scared of anything. Protected by my wife's hand, he took it upon himself to rule the house. He wasn't mean, very gentle in fact, as long as you were gentle in return. He set the rules.

Well, one beautiful summer evening, the cat joined me and my pup for a walk. Most of the time, we'd be all alone, but on this occasion a man came along with his relatively big black dog, off leash. Warning him that this particular cat wasn't afraid, and could pose a danger if his dog persued, his testosterone took over, all the while refusing to call off his dog.

He should've known better, when instead of intervening (my dog & I knew better), I walked away.

He let his dog circle the cat for about a minute, growling, barking. The cat remained calm, he'd been thru this before, waiting his time. The dog made a lunge, the cat held its ground, then finally, the owner decided to call his dog. That was a big mistake! With the dogs head turned, attention shifted, the cat instantly mounted the dogs back, and proceeded to inflict his will.

It was all over in a few seconds, more time was spent him cursing me and the cat to hell, his dogs nose bleeding. I kept quiet, didn't want to rile him up claiming my cat spared his dog from far more serious damage. A shot across the bow, sort of speak.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing