Introducing the Wilson Audio Duette Series 2!!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
LOVE this set-up (but I am a girl... so I am sure my tastes differ than most others here ;) )

View attachment 10344

Hi Debby,

Thanks for continuing to keep us updated here on WBF...always great to have the opportunity to hear directly from some of the most influential designers in the world. Few questions:

1. As a big Wilson (and Gryphon) fan who uses both in my own system...i note the Gryphon carpet in the photo...do you happen to know what the Owner is using from Gryphon (presumably he bought their equipment and not just the rug!). Is that an Antileon SE i see behind the Center Channel??
2. Also is that Transparent Ref speaker cable? (also long-term owner of TA cable).
3. Have you heard this setup by any chance?

Curious. Thanks for any insight.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

[COLOR="#40EODO"]_______[/COLOR]

LOVE this set-up (but I am a girl... so I am sure my tastes differ than most others here ;) )

View attachment 10344

I love that setup too 'Beaman'. :b ...And the speaker's color is to my liking.

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Hi Debby,

Thanks for continuing to keep us updated here on WBF...always great to have the opportunity to hear directly from some of the most influential designers in the world. Few questions:

1. As a big Wilson (and Gryphon) fan who uses both in my own system...i note the Gryphon carpet in the photo...do you happen to know what the Owner is using from Gryphon (presumably he bought their equipment and not just the rug!). Is that an Antileon SE i see behind the Center Channel??
2. Also is that Transparent Ref speaker cable? (also long-term owner of TA cable).
3. Have you heard this setup by any chance?

Curious. Thanks for any insight.

It is actually a current (or past... not sure) distributor in Asia that carries all those lines. No, I have not personally heard this system... but I bet it's great!

Deb

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com

[COLOR="#40EODO"]_______[/COLOR]

I love that setup too 'Beaman'. :b ...And the speaker's color is to my liking.

:) glad you like it!

I am a "Wilson" by blood.. but a "Beaman" by marriage (just makes it easier for people to connect the dots if I include my maiden name ;) )

docvale

Mar 21, 2011
Briarcliff Manor, NY
I've just read the press release of the Duette 2 on TAS. They look gorgeous and I trust they could sound very nicely even in "hostile set-ups".
Notwithstanding, due to their price, I was wondering whether they might be preferred to the Sophia 3 in any case, or if the Sophia 3 were a better choice for more "controlled" systems.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I've just read the press release of the Duette 2 on TAS. They look gorgeous and I trust they could sound very nicely even in "hostile set-ups".
Notwithstanding, due to their price, I was wondering whether they might be preferred to the Sophia 3 in any case, or if the Sophia 3 were a better choice for more "controlled" systems.

from the Youtube video it seems as though "nearfield"listening is where the Duette excels

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI
from the Youtube video it seems as though "nearfield"listening is where the Duette excels

My impression is that the Duette II has been optimized for near wall placement, whereas the original Duette had two different sets of resistors. One for nearwall placement 2"-24" and one for placement >24".

The stands and cables have also been optimized for the recommended placement.

Look forward to reading the Duette II owners manual when they update the installation tools on the Wilson app.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
have any of our "inverted titanium-dome sensitive friends" heard the Duette?...with its silk dome tweeter and similar wave absorbing in the back of the tweeter like X2 and Maxx3? Curious as to how it compares to inverted titanium dome.

Chr. R.

May 11, 2013
They look pretty much my previous Peak Consult IncCognito speaker :)

duette_s2.JPG.648x460_q85.jpg

Wilson Duette II

Peak_left.jpg

A earlie Peak Consult IncCognito (not mine)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
My impression is that the Duette II has been optimized for near wall placement, whereas the original Duette had two different sets of resistors. One for nearwall placement 2"-24" and one for placement >24".

The stands and cables have also been optimized for the recommended placement.

Look forward to reading the Duette II owners manual when they update the installation tools on the Wilson app.

Dan

you're correct in what you said. Near wall placement.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing