installing 7 Furutech GTX-D NFC (R) outlets this morning

Never fails to amuse me when some Fundamentalist Foo Fighter trots out one of the standard responses, in that expectation bias runs intuitive 'because you really want the shiny thing'. For myself, and it would seem like yourself, I try extremely hard 'Not' to hear any improvement or change for the better, entirely because I really don't want to buy the shiny/expensive thing.

The IeGO's of which I speak and prefer are either silver plated Furukawa copper or 4 nines Solid Silver Rhodium plated, they also produce unplated and gold plated copper.

oh i thought the solid silver was gold plated for corrosion reasons..it matters not.

yes my friend our delusions are on another level we can be proud of ourselves.

given our sense of reality is totally dependent on and governed by our limited perception and even more limited conscious interpretation i really could not give two flying figs about the foo fighters and their own brand of truth. if the water feels cold i don't swim, the thermometer might contradict my feeling but i remain on my towle.

Waiting patiently for my Furutech DTX-D NFC to arrive.
Then another patient wait for burn in. Hoping it will be better than my Oyaide R1

Then another patient wait for burn in. Hoping it will be better than my Oyaide R1

ha ha you could not resist!

really there is no cure for our affliction it would seem...

i cant say mine were bad sounding out the box, but have opened up a bit possibly.

Yeah, burn in takes at least a month using the system every day. The sound will shift back and forth from normal to closed-in/dark sounding... well, first they will open up and you'll think it's good to go, then it will start shifting around. So you'll have off times where you're wondering if something is not right but be patient. FWIW, I do burn them in for my customers free of charge. :)

Yeah, burn in takes at least a month using the system every day. The sound will shift back and forth from normal to closed-in/dark sounding... well, first they will open up and you'll think it's good to go, then it will start shifting around. So you'll have off times where you're wondering if something is not right but be patient. FWIW, I do burn them in for my customers free of charge. :)
I am in dread of the impending. But it's always worth the agony. Thing is to hang on tight without losing ones mind

don't worry about it. it will be a nice step up.

the R-1's are crude sounding in comparison. I still have a couple of R-1's on un-used duplex outlets to compare. not close....even to the prior GTX-D 'non-NCP' versions.

I had zero negative issues on any of my 'NCP' outlets; only on the amp powercords with the 'NCP' plugs. which was easily solved once diagnosed.

don't worry about it. it will be a nice step up.

the R-1's are crude sounding in comparison. I still have a couple of R-1's on un-used duplex outlets to compare. not close....even to the prior GTX-D 'non-NCP' versions.

I had zero negative issues on any of my 'NCP' outlets; only on the amp powercords with the 'NCP' plugs. which was easily solved once diagnosed.
Thank you for taking the time to reassure me

i installed the 2 GTX-D NCF (R) today in my mains conditioner feeding my system(monoblocs, pre amp, CDP) and installed 1 NCF IEC on my CDP. they replaced oyaide. wow nuts increase in bass power and control. no flab at all and the overall dynamics have taken a lift too. top end is cleaner but natrual still. the presentation has taken a step forward towards me and in front of the speakers.

i have to say this is the best thing i have done regarding upgrades. not subtle and right off the bat nothing negative at all.

this could all just be happening in my mind but if thats the case i dont care its amazing.

i did find a not completely secure connection in my mains conditioner on one of the live wires so some of this improvement might be down to that.

Finger on the shopping cart complete button.
Is my logic correct, see below.

Furutech NCF outlet in dedictated wall outlet.
Furutech NCF IEC and AC plugs on cable going to Furman it15 reference
Furutech NCF IEC plug retrofitted in Furman
Furutech NCF outlets retrofitted in Furman
Furutech NCF IEC and AC plugs on cables going to DAC, Aurender, Preamp and Amp
Furutech NCF IEC plug retrofitted in DAC, Aurender, Preamp and Amp

Finger on the shopping cart complete button.
Is my logic correct, see below.

Furutech NCF outlet in dedictated wall outlet.
Furutech NCF IEC and AC plugs on cable going to Furman it15 reference
Furutech NCF IEC plug retrofitted in Furman
Furutech NCF outlets retrofitted in Furman
Furutech NCF IEC and AC plugs on cables going to DAC, Aurender, Preamp and Amp
Furutech NCF IEC plug retrofitted in DAC, Aurender, Preamp and Amp

dont know i lost the will to live after the first two lines...

the first thing to do is the wall outlet/mains distribution block(in my case)
2nd for value imo is the IEC in lets on your kit (if they fit, had to butcher my TAD to get it in)
then the mains cables, Pre first (both ends) then source (DAC/ CDP) then amps but i have not got to them yet.

i hate to say it but it seems like this stuff is good.

Spaz I lost the will to live when I saw the price tag. What we do for the pursuit of nirvana.

dont know i lost the will to live after the first two lines...

the first thing to do is the wall outlet/mains distribution block(in my case)
2nd for value imo is the IEC in lets on your kit (if they fit, had to butcher my TAD to get it in)
then the mains cables, Pre first (both ends) then source (DAC/ CDP) then amps but i have not got to them yet.

i hate to say it but it seems like this stuff is good.

Spaz I lost the will to live when I saw the price tag. What we do for the pursuit of nirvana.

i know, if you read my first post i tried playing down how good they were keeping in mind not all will want\be able to buy them. if you look at them in context of performance gains imo they are fair priced. that's saying something. i had 4k of entreq here a while back and the £800/900 i spent on these easily beats that for impact though that's not saying much lol get the mains out lets and see what you think...

in terms of what we do for our hifi insanity, i am turbo bonkers.

the bass improvement is substantial, i have a christian sands cd (jazz bass player) on the lower strings during his solo i used to get a bloom that i thought was speaker\room related... until i put these in... more linear right through the frequency range but dont ask me why as i have not got a clue. its the classic thing where you are aware the only thing being amplified are the instruments, it sounds obvious but until you experience it its anything but imo

Last edited:
i installed one double GTX-D NCF(R) to the dedicated 20amp line for my DAC and Transport yesterday.
The Oyaide R1s remain on 2 dedicated lines for my Mono Blocks.

Brand new , the Furutech sounded great. 24 hours down and tops are smoother. 276 hours of non- agonising roller coasting remain as I know what to expect.
Thank you all.

I have 4 GTX-D (R) on 4 dedicated lines, I installed 1 NCF and plugged my preamp and phono pre into it.........got to say, I'm amazed. I got the "cooked" version but it has only been 2 days and the improvement across the board is fairly significant.

I have 4 GTX-D (R) on 4 dedicated lines, I installed 1 NCF and plugged my preamp and phono pre into it.........got to say, I'm amazed. I got the "cooked" version but it has only been 2 days and the improvement across the board is fairly significant.

:)

now try a set or two of the NCF plugs.....at least as good. although on my amps it did cause a tonal shift so I had to adjust my crossover.

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...s-this-morning&p=377316&viewfull=1#post377316

Dear Frank,

I am glad that members who switch to the NCF outlets are very pleased with the differences they hear. I remain puzzled how changing less than an inch of the series of connectors and many feet of wires providing power to one or more components of the stereo can make such big and positive differences to the sound.

Would you please describe the sonic differences you hear and which you attribute to the NCF outlet? Why, exactly, are you "amazed"? What are the "fairly significant" improvements "across the board"?

Thank you!

Dear Frank,

I am glad that members who switch to the NCF outlets are very pleased with the differences they hear. I remain puzzled how changing less than an inch of the series of connectors and many feet of wires providing power to one or more components of the stereo can make such big and positive differences to the sound.

Would you please describe the sonic differences you hear and which you attribute to the NCF outlet? Why, exactly, are you "amazed"? What are the "fairly significant" improvements "across the board"?

Thank you!

don't be puzzled. it's science. read this

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing