Information on Lampizator's R2R discrete resistor ladder implementation?

Nuforce

Jan 5, 2021
Hi

I'm about to buy DHT lampizator and it seems quite difficult to find any info on their R2R discrete resistor ladder implementation? Aqua, Audio GD, Denafrips, Holo etc all provide lots of info on their sites about theirs.

Does anyone have any links to more information? I'm buying a Lampizator BEST300B (which is a Big 7 in an Atlantic size case with no ability to change DHT tubes (set to 300B).

Thanks

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Hi

I'm about to buy DHT lampizator and it seems quite difficult to find any info on their R2R discrete resistor ladder implementation? Aqua, Audio GD, Denafrips, Holo etc all provide lots of info on their sites about theirs.

Does anyone have any links to more information? I'm buying a Lampizator BEST300B (which is a Big 7 in an Atlantic size case with no ability to change DHT tubes (set to 300B).

Thanks
Welcome nuforce to wbf.

Nuforce

Jan 5, 2021
Anyone?? Do they use Soekris boards ?

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Have you contacted Lampizator directly with your question? Usually Lucasz or one of the staff is quite good about responding.

lampizatorpoland@gmail.com.

Also in the US, Fred Ainsley, the Lampizator representative is also very good about responding.

fred.ainsley@gmail.com

Larry

Nuforce

Jan 5, 2021
Dear Sir,
we found Soekris to be the most competent implementation on the market, and we collaborated with that company from the very beginning, staying in close touch with their R&D and contributing if we could. We used their platform but we modified the firmware and filters to our needs, also we eliminated the whole output stage of Soekris and used our own tube stage. So yes and no - it is Soekris but in a Lampi way.

With best regards

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Anyone?? Do they use Soekris boards ?
Yes with SSb 01 buffer stage, old pic now 6n6 tube tube out soekris dac.jpg

Here the Mod site if you want get the best out for the boards

P. S
you don't need a tube output, with SSB 01 Buffer direct to ladder sounds great.

Frequency response:0 Hz - 100 MHz(?), more than 10 MHzFrequency response with input filter0 Hz - 1.29 MHz, -3 dBPower bandwidth at 7 Vrms, 50 ohms:0 Hz - 100 MHz(?), more than 10 MHzEquivalent input noise:0,6 µVSignal to noise ratio:124 dB at 1 V outDynamic headroom:141 dBDistortion:0,002%Slew rate:3000 V/usStep response:perfect without overshootGain:0.999 (0 dB)Input impedance:>1 Mohms, pullup, pulldown resistors not included.Output impedance:2.5 ohmsOutput current:1 A peakSupply voltage:+- 6 to 24 V DC with chosen transistorsCurrent consumption:7.8 mA typical at ±15 Volts supply voltageDimensions:21.7 (0.852") x 32.0 (1,261") mm

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott Naylor

Nuforce

Jan 5, 2021
this is the lapizator I'm about to purchase

Having discussed it with Lukasz it is a special order DHT unit in a smaller case, using the latest R2R board and to keep the cost down, single ended output with no heater option, so 300B is fixed. He also said it is better than a GG1, which I specifically called him to check, because I was about to spend €7k euro on one, and the BEST300B is only €4000 plus tubes. Not as good as a GG2 I am sure, but I think this is a bargain proposition!

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Can't help as there are no internal photos on the internet that Soekris board was taken from. one thing can be said with certainty that the DAC board sounds better with coax or aes/ebu(XLR). I use a Mutec 3+ USB reclocker for a USB connection to the computer and then from the reclocker digital cable to the dac.enormous sounded gain. Mutec 3+usb.jpg

Nuforce

Jan 5, 2021
you are saying all lampizator dacs sound better via AES compared to USB?

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
I think in 80% of all available usb dacs, an xmos chip works at the usb input. i don't know every lampizator model. if such a chip is installed, a computer via mutec 3+ has a better sound than a direct usb connection. I tried pretty much everything on usb inputs (chips) on my diy dac. I have come to the conclusion that I no longer need to use a USB direct connection.
There are audio devices that, because of their special class, trigger a kind of obligation to buy. The Mutec MC-3 + USB is such a device. Whoever has experienced it will have it.;)

Reactions: Scott Naylor

Nuforce

Jan 5, 2021
I owned a MC3+ usb mated to a 10mhz rubidium clock and I've found it makes a difference with a crap streamer into a dac, but when using proper streamer like my Auralic Aries G2, the mutec makes zero difference

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
it also has no usb audio input ;) only ethernet that that's another number.
As I said, I think I would definitely try a Mutec.

P.S only for harddisk or usb audio out

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing