If I leave my 610t's then what

brad225

VIP/Donor
Nov 22, 2012
Do any of you know where I can purchase a wiring schematic for the 610T.
ARC will not even sell resistors when replacing bad tubes any more let alone the schematic.

Thanks

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
Do any of you know where I can purchase a wiring schematic for the 610T.
ARC will not even sell resistors when replacing bad tubes any more let alone the schematic.

Thanks

I sent you a pm Brad

Best regard,

Tdh888

Irvingmsx

Mar 6, 2019
The 250SE is a step in the current, more "modern" (so to speak) direction of ARC sound, like the REF75SE was too, which culminated into the current 160M/S designs, and that are my personal favorites.
I believe if you dig the 610T (and it seems that you do), and you're not quite ready for a change in sound signature, the REF250SE is a safe choice. I'm sorry that I can't address specific things like soundstaging, as my experience with these amps were on different systems.
My client who had 610Ts went to 750s, though. But he does have a pair of D'Agostino amps that he switches in from time to time, to reduce the wear on the 750's tubes. He has found the D'Agostino to be the most tube-like SS amp, so he doesn't miss the 750s so much.

brad225

VIP/Donor
Nov 22, 2012
After a long rebuild story my 610t's now have KT120s driving them. With a bit over 200 hours break-in time on them the sound is nothing less than amazing.

My EE friend, once he started, suggested that a replace many critical parts that had aged. This included all new, better quality capacitors, many resistors, relays and transistors. I ended up being over 200 parts in each amp.
Once that was finished he did the rebuild from for 6550s, he completed the upgrade to KT120s. Even though I knew there would be a difference in the way the KT120's functioned, I was stunned that the heat dissipation was maybe 20% of the 6550s. You can put your hand within an inch of the the top of the tubes with no issues. Had I tried that with the 6550s it would have meant a few weeks of ointment and bandages.

Last week a couple were over for dinner and she asked if we could listen to music after eating. When we started her husband asked why the tubes didn't light up any more. It is that big a difference.

Should anyone else be torn with the decision I had. I would suggest the rebuild assuming your have someone that is extremely talented as an engineer. We had a couple of issues along the way that I think most people would given up on the project.

ARC was more helpful a few times than we expected.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing