I guess I should say Hello

Kate*

May 18, 2015
Well,

Just joined the forum. I've been a user of AVS for a quite while.

Its always nice to join a new forum, and get to know more about the things we like.

Anyways... I guess.. HELLO! =)

Well this is an audio forum so... I have 3 sets.. 2 HT sets (in different apartments) and 1 stereo set...

Set 1: RSP-1098, DVDO VP50Pro, RB-1090, RMB-1095, B&W 803n, HTM2D, Velodyne DLS-4000r, Oppo 105D, B&W 600s3 (surround), Mac Mini.

Set 2: RSX-1562, RMB-1075, B&W CM8, B&W CMC2, B&W CM1, CCM 636, Velodyne DLS-4000r, BDP-CX960, Oppo 83SE, Denon 2930, Crestron ADMS-BR.

Stereo: Cambridge Azur 840A, 840C, B&W 705, Velodyne DLS-3750r.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hi Kate. Good to see you here. I recall your alias on AVS from a discussion I think we had on speaker wire???

Anyway, you will find us much friendlier here and much more open platform for best things in audio/video. :)

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Welcome to the best audio forum on the Internet. It's great to see a female phile here!!!

Kate*

May 18, 2015
Hello Steve Williams, amirm, NorthStar (Bob Owl), Mike Lavigne, Peter Breuninger.

Thank you for the warm welcome! :)

I do not consider myself an audiophile (or like Peter said, female phile) I enjoy good music, and I admire when a set of speakers produce the sound as close as possible to the original instrument. Sometimes I enjoy playing my violin, and sometimes I compare the sound produced by speaker and the sound of my own violin...

Well.. I do not have the *BEST* instrument in the world, and also i do not have the *BEST* audio system in the world... But from what I have today I have to admit that things are getting pretty good...

I came here because Bob told me about this forum, and I got pretty interested about it, learning new things about audio is exciting, for me, listening (and reading) has always being the best experience for me, I do rely on forums, magazines and people to learn about my hobby, and a place like this, specially after receiver such a cool reception is great.

Anyways, I do promise to offer my best knowledge, and my most sincere opinion when replying or creating a thread, always with a great respect that WBF forum members deserve.

Thank you all for the welcome!

PS: There is no Rotel area! :p

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Welcome to the WBF Kate! I consider myself a music fan before anything else, but I'm starting to become more of an audiophile thanks to the good people here, and some other places I frequent. I have learned more from the membership base here in the last 5 years (has it really been that long already?) than I had in the previous 40.

Enjoy your stay and I look forward to your participation!

JV

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
PS: There is no Rotel area! :p
As a Rotel owner myself, not sure how we missed that :). I use my Rotel as the pre-amp on my audio workstation. I have always considered their industrial design one of the best in the industry. Something about their front panel is beautiful to my eyes without being radical:

We can create a forum but a simple requirement we have is that some populate it with at least a couple of threads. If you or others are game in doing that, we can go ahead and create it.

Kate*

May 18, 2015
Hello Amirm,

Well yes I could help populate it with my little knowledge.. Not sure if it will help, but certainly I will do my best to populate it.

Maybe you could give me some pointers to what kind of thread you think it is important, and I can try to research and post there, also I have some experience with Rotel products...

Thanks!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Oh, it is up to you to post whatever seems appropriate. The reason to have a forum is to have something to discuss. So if you have something you want to say, ask or share with members about Rotel, then that would be the reason to have the forum. If this is not the case then we can handle the brand in general audio forum as we have done in the past.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I have two Rotel amps and two Rotel CD players, so I can certainly "owling" around in them dedicated threads. :b

Plus I am certain that there are other members here besides myself, Kate and Amir who also own (owl) Rotel products.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing