I don't know what else to expect, but.......

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I just brought back a NM copy of an original Canadian pressing of DSOTM that I had in my Calgary stash and damn.....it has blown me away. It is so clear, dynamic and detailed as compared to later releases and reissues (not counting Mofi's et al). I probably paid no more than $7 for this when first released. I'm not sure if Canadian and American pressings used the same pressing plants, masters and stuff, but my Canadian copy is very good.

As music lovers we sometimes tend to dismiss US/CAN pressings and look towards EU/Japanese pressings as the Holy Grail, but not in this case IMO. If, and I mean IF, the non US/CAN pressing is better it won't be by much and certainly not worth a considerable extra cost. YMMV if you have a playback system that is much more revealing than mine, but for us on the lower end of the scale it's a pressing worth owning.
IMG_0282.JPG

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing