How to open speaker for repair of binding posts on the terminal Warfedale 506

sugarcool6

Aug 18, 2021
Hi, I've bought from a thrift store two Warfedale 506 speakers. I checked everything looked fine.
However at the store I overlooked that one of the binding posts (where the speaker wire is attached with a plug)
was broken of. Probably I saw three plugs/posts on the terminals that were allright, the fourth must have been hidden by a bundle of old speaker wire that was hanging over it. So I didn't see it untill I got home.
I did not discover parts that were broken off in my car so it must have been broken already in the shop.
However...I want to fix it....how can I get into this speaker? I don't see screws in the housing to get inside.
I never done this but want to try...the speakers didn't cost that much so I don't need an expensive repair.
So would like to try myself. Can I lift the small terminal? or should I get into the speaker by lifting something
like the woofer? How can I do this?

They say the woofer has a bajonet ring that has to go a bit to the left by sticking a screwdriver in one of the square little holes,
and then ticking it to the left so the woofer comes off ( I cant do it yet, it doesn't budge) tips anyone?

WWq1def copy.jpg

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welcome to WBF sugarcool6!

Tinear1

Aug 24, 2019
Easy... remove the woofer and reach through to the inside of the terminals where you can release the nut that hold them on.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing