High end power bars

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Hi Peter.. how you getting along with the Marble HB , still with them ? Keen to hear your further observations on them . Thanks

Hi Jazzhead,

I continue to be impressed with the Marble. I have tested it against the Acrylic and straight into the wall and found the Marble to allow a larger soundstage to develop with more "atmosphere" and more immediate transients. The Acrylic is little "warmer". I'll be filming the review in the beginning of July.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Great ... Look forward to it .. Cheers .

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
I think these New Flow Power Centers from Argento Audio seems interesting. The price is also more moderate.

http://www.thevoicethatis.com/pages/products_argento.html

It's cutting edge being it's simplicity appeals to me .

There are no wires inside - all that conducts electricity is made of 3 pieces of copper (1 live, 1 neutral and 1 ground). There are no break in the conductive path at all.

There are only 6 parts in total.

3 exterior and 3 interior(conductive).

The circular form ensuring that all the outputs are identical

No off the shelf parts , all entirely custom made

Each conductor is 6mm2 in cross section.

The retail price is 4500 Euro.

Any user feedback appreciated . Thanks .

Attachments

• Brochure PD lowrez.pdf
    445.2 KB · Views: 151

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Hi Jazzhead,

I continue to be impressed with the Marble. I have tested it against the Acrylic and straight into the wall and found the Marble to allow a larger soundstage to develop with more "atmosphere" and more immediate transients. The Acrylic is little "warmer". I'll be filming the review in the beginning of July.

Hi Peter ,
Any progress on the review with HB Marble PowerSlave , couldn't locate a link on your site .

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
As this product is a power strip (albeit a very fancy one) and does no filtering, how can it possibly sound better than plugging your equipment into the wall outlet? I am having trouble wrapping my head around that. An explanation would be appreciated as to what is going on here, assuming that anything is. I see from his posts that Peter had his doubts before using the product. I still have mine after viewing the video. Any thoughts anyone? That is a TON of cash for a power strip.

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
It's a product line (type) that I thought was nonsense. Lloyd brought over his version and we tried it on the Onedof/Wyetech... it needed burn in time, of which we did not have. The HBs are in house and yes, as absurd as it may be, they are dissolving the listening room.........

Not sure I like that side effect of dissolving the listening room, will have to ask if the insurance company will cover me for that :)
Cheers
Orb

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing