High End Audio... Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Maybe they're too busy listening to music. Controversial, I know.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Last edited:

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
B69BD5C8-20CA-4315-8240-F7A8B4E3418B.jpeg

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Not sure what the big deal is. Some people are determined to be offended about anything.

In Asia, nice eye candy is quite normal at most exhibitions - even hifi. Nice girls at the HK hifi show and the Philippines show.

These girls at the recent Phillipnes show actually made me go into the rooms for a look ;)

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Maybe they're too busy listening to music. Controversial, I know.
There are just no scantily clad figures in my gaff, and this is just as it is, Marc I am sitting here listening to lots of great music and that is (surprisingly) completely doing it for me, controversial, well not really andonly if we choose to go that route but yes in truth life is still as it is for so many of us ie.good.

Should I mention the elephant in the room.. . I sit here with amazing music and a reidel full of my lovely home valley’s Shiraz... sigh. One of the fellow teachers I work with also grows and makes Shiraz and even with the challenge of months of wild fires has managed another great Hunter Valley (our terroir) wine.

Last week after months of the worst recorded firestorms in our (all) history, this week we now have crazy devastating floods... in our state 50,000 homes without power (projected to be for some time), storm surge sewage impacting the beaches, what a year!!! Oh man. Thank heavens for the salvation of beautiful music. We share far more than divides us. As a group we are largely blessed. Everything else then falls then into perspective.

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
There are just no scantily clad figures in my gaff, and this is as it should be, Marc I am just sitting here listening to lots of great music and that is (surprisingly) completely doing it for me, controversial, well only if we choose to go that route but yes in truth life is still good.

Should I mention the elephant in the room.. . I sit here with amazing music and a reidel full of my lovely home valley’s Shiraz... sigh. One of the fellow teachers I work with also grows and makes Shiraz and even with the challenge of months of wild fires has managed another great Hunter Valley (our terroir) wine.

Last week after months of the worst recorded firestorms in our (all) history, this week we now have crazy devastating floods... in our state 50,000 homes without power (projected to be for some time), storm surge sewage impacting the beaches, what a year!!! Oh man. Thank heavens for the salvation of beautiful music. We share far more than divides us. As a group we are largely blessed. Everything else falls then just into perspective.
Graham, that first sentence should be prefixed: "If my partner is reading this..."

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Graham, that first sentence should be prefixed: "If my partner is reading this..."
Hehe, I have valves and horns, no need for such temporal diversions, I have moments where I am whole and complete.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobvin

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Pity the courtesy girls. They have to spend time w the guys running shows and US. They have to endure the most God awful audiophile elevator pap. And smile and be affable thruout.

If anything proves beyond any doubt that women have a way greater pain threshold than men, this is it.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

djsina2

May 30, 2019
“high class website” where you know most of these old rich white men have female immigrant slaves cleaning their toilets for them.

Reactions: XV-1

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Here we go...

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
“high class website” where you know most of these old rich white men have female immigrant slaves cleaning their toilets for them.

OK, tacking the train a little off the rails... my wife gives me “the look” when I hint at the following: when we get to the point robots are replacing our immigrant slaves hired help, can we just make all the robots look like sexbots! House cleaner—sexbot. Waitress—sexbot. Cashier—sexbot. If the world is going to the bots, can they at least be hot?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I would have appreciated it if y'all had been gracious enough to respect my request on a small matter of style (avoiding women objectification comments) wholly irrelevant to audio.

I am closing this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing