Help with LS35a stands

Vangelis

Oct 11, 2011
I am planning to order a pair of Falcon Gold Badge’s. I don’t understand why Falcon recommends 24” stands when the tweeter being 8” off the bottom would place tweeter at only 32” off the floor. Most of our ears fall a sitting 35-36” off the floor. Anyone successfully using 27” stands with their LS35a?

Policrates

Dec 5, 2023
Santa Brígida (Canary Islands)
I am planning to order a pair of Falcon Gold Badge’s. I don’t understand why Falcon recommends 24” stands when the tweeter being 8” off the bottom would place tweeter at only 32” off the floor. Most of our ears fall a sitting 35-36” off the floor. Anyone successfully using 27” stands with their LS35a?
Hi Vangelis. This is my first post here and when I read yours I felt quite happy to have bought my Falcon golden badge Q7 speaker stands custom design in 26'' (without spikes). I'm still waiting for my speakers to be delivered, but I agree with you that 27'' should be the best choice. I have made some tests with my current (and pretty old) Rega Ela MkIII of placing my ears at the same level of the point just below the tweeter and the sound became richer and the soundstage better defined. That 24'' height is low for the height of a normal sofa. I'll keep you informed when the Q7s arrive, assemble them and install them on their supports.

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
Project / Musical fidelity LS3/5A offer matching Tristands
MG25 mf-a1ls3-5a-lifestyle-6__large_full.jpg

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Frankly the wonderful presentation of the LS3/5a can be compromised with inferior stands--I've owned 3 sets of the Speakers and can categorically state the only stand that delivers the "goods' that the speaker can project are the Tallis Stands pic below.

Yes no longer produced in the UK but they pop up on the S/H sites and wouldn't be amiss if you can find them they will give the utmost sonic enjoyment from your superb Transducers. I've seen them go for $2/300 -well worth the cost--Good Luck.
Tallis_Stands.jpg

Vangelis

Oct 11, 2011
They are very attractive stands, but were pricey. Surprisingly, they appear to be relatively high mass. I will have keep my eyes open for pair.

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
I presently use 24" high stands with my Falcons. Listening with your ear just above the tweeter axis is not detrimrntal, it actually smoothed out the response in my case. YMMV and all that.

Vangelis

Oct 11, 2011
Hi Vangelis. This is my first post here and when I read yours I felt quite happy to have bought my Falcon golden badge Q7 speaker stands custom design in 26'' (without spikes). I'm still waiting for my speakers to be delivered, but I agree with you that 27'' should be the best choice. I have made some tests with my current (and pretty old) Rega Ela MkIII of placing my ears at the same level of the point just below the tweeter and the sound became richer and the soundstage better defined. That 24'' height is low for the height of a normal sofa. I'll keep you informed when the Q7s arrive, assemble them and install them on their supports.
Let us know what stands you end up with. Welcome to the What’s Best Forum.

audiobomber

Oct 13, 2020
Sudbury ON, Canada
My stands were low, putting the tweeter well below ear level, so I installed IsoAcoustics Iso-130 stands between the steel stand and the speaker. The IsoAcoustics stands allow for uneven height from front to back, which allows fine tuning of the tweeter axis.

CJmooney

Feb 5, 2021
Nobody has mentioned Sound Anchor stands. They are wonderful with my Stirling V2 LS3/5A's. Mine are 28 inches tall.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing