Hello from Bottrop, Germany!

Hi guys,

I´m Rainer and a real reel-to-reel fan since 1980 when I bought my first Akai GX635.

Meanwhile I´ve got five reel-to-reel machines (Revox PR99, Studer A807, Telefunken M15A and small Akai GX77) to produce real master tapes.
Which I have been sold all over Europe and some in USA. (I discoverd an USA forum entry by chance here:

With 8 best reviews (A+++ to A-) in 8 issues of the German magazin "analog" I´m one of the four best tape dealers in Europe (for classical music, organ and jazz).
Here you can look and listen:
www.tapemusic.eu

Me at work:
Rainer with Revox.jpeg

I´m not very familiar with the technique inside, so I look here and there for support...
Hope for fruitful discussions!

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Hi guys,

I´m Rainer and a real reel-to-reel fan since 1980 when I bought my first Akai GX635.

Meanwhile I´ve got five reel-to-reel machines (Revox PR99, Studer A807, Telefunken M15A and small Akai GX77) to produce real master tapes.
Which I have been sold all over Europe and some in USA. (I discoverd an USA forum entry by chance here:

With 8 best reviews (A+++ to A-) in 8 issues of the German magazin "analog" I´m one of the four best tape dealers in Europe (for classical music, organ and jazz).
www.tapemusic.eu

Me at work:
View attachment 105819

I´m not very familiar with the technique inside, so I look here and there for support...
Hallo Rainer

Schön, dass du auch hierher gefunden hast :cool:

Gruss und viel Spass hier
Christoph

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi guys,

www.tapemusic.eu

Me at work:
View attachment 105819

hi Rainer, welcome. Since you mentioned 4, I have to ask…who are the other three

Since you mentioned 4, I have to ask…who are the other three
Opus3, Sweden (my organ recordings sound better), STS, Netherlands (Fritz de With is a friend of mine) and Fonè, Italy (unreachable). Some more with Rock or Pop (what is not my profession).

I forgot: only those who copy their own recordings! Which is valid for those four.
There are a lot of others who copy foreign music from the past (like e.g. Horch House, a partner of me).

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welcome to WBF, Rainer!

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Herzlich willkommen, Rainer!

Grüsse von einem Österreicher in den Vereinigten Staaten.

Albrecht (Al)

mr-particle

Dec 20, 2012
Germany
Hello Rainer,
Welcome here and all the best from Essen!
For all not locals, this is a distance of just 12km to Rainer’s home :cool:
Axel

Then come to a visot and listen to classical music or organ or jazz from me or rock or pop from who ever...

mr-particle

Dec 20, 2012
Germany

Then come to a visot and listen to classical music or organ or jazz from me or rock or pop from who ever...
Rainer,
Thanks a lote for the kind offering.
I will do this for sure, but can take some time before I will come back to you.
The next few weeks I am abroad most the time.
Axel

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing