Has anyone tried these Genalex Gold Lion 12AT7, and 12AX7 tubes

MC352

Aug 27, 2010
CT
Has anyone tried either of these two tubes from New Sensor?

I have been thinking of giving the 12AT7's a try.

Has anyone tried either of these two tubes from New Sensor?

I have been thinking of giving the 12AT7's a try.

Hi Chuck,

I've been thinking about the GL 12AX7s too but in the end, thinking about trying the EAT 12AX7s.

Guess in the end, feel that they're still Ruskies and have all the problems associated with manufacturing tubes in Russia :(

Nope, but... I had my late Jadis Da50 fitted with a quartet of KT88, nothing touched these valves in the KT88 arena...

I thought you were asking about the REAL GL 12AX7 and 12AT7. I think anything branded GL that is sourced from Russia has to be judged on its own merits as it certainly is not made the same as the original tubes were. If they somehow sounded better, that would be great. I believe that when Britian tore down its vacuum tube manufacturing infrastructure, most of the tube manufacturing machinery was sold to China. I think the Brit engineers even went to China to teach them how to manufacture tubes. It stands to reason that possibly the Chinese could come closer to replicating British tubes because of this. Even so, I doubt they would ever sound the same. Even when Western Electric decided to put the 300B back into production and they had the original machines, tools, and recipe, they had a hard time duplicating what they had built for years. Sometimes you can lose your own recipe.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing