Google Glass facial and emotion recognition

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Early days but surprised how well this development is going, the implications are pretty big though when it is much better, including aspects of monitoring for deception/lies/etc....
The Shore "engine" is on Google Glass/app.
SHORE™ is the result of years of research and development activities, which culminated in a highly-optimized software library. This solution enables the detection of objects and faces, as well as extremely fine facial analysis.

The foundation of the versatile SHORE™ solution lies in our extensive experience with detection and analysis technologies and a large database for machine learning. The technology is "trained" by accessing a database of more than 10,000 annotated faces. In combination with the structure-based features and learning algorithms, we can train so-called models that boast extremely high recognition rates:
Also details some basic stats on the following page:
http://www.iis.fraunhofer.de/en/ff/bsy/tech/bildanalyse/shore-gesichtsdetektion.html

Market-press release linked to Google Glass: http://www.iis.fraunhofer.de/en/pr/2014/20140827_BS_Shore_Google_Glas.html

Developing much quicker than I though tbh, not sure I like where some of these developments will end up though; that said could seriously help when used in an acceptable way such as law enforcement/lawful investigative work/etc in the future when the technology is improved a fair bit more.

Cheers
Orb

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Makes me wonder what else we'll be delegating to technology…….

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
When the wearable internet and telephone connected devices that are always "on" come on the market, I am going to check out the powerful jammers the hospitals use to prevent cell phone and WiFi use. Is that time NOW? I will be adopting a "leave your 'googlewear' at the door" policy.

I don't want people coming to my house taking pictures, videos, recording audio or possibly capturing an image of something I don't want out.

We had some people over to the house a while back, and a few who were never here before, and on his way back to the living room from the bathroom, he was clicking photos of the house and contents--mostly interesting paintings and furniture. I made him delete those photos as I watched. The rest of the evening wasn't so good, and needless to say they never came over again. I thought that was a small price to pay for privacy.

What happens in my house, stays in my house.

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Yeah I do not blame you Gary,
does not take much for that interest to reach the wrong people.
Cheers
Orb

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing