Genesis Debuts the Tribute Loudspeakers at Capital Audio F 2022

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
i bought this album directly from Issabeau at Axpona 2022 in Chicago and finally got around to playing it a few weeks ago; the performance and sound are really fine. highly recommended.

Please support the artist and do like what Mike did - buy the album directly from her.

You can listen to samples of the album, and buy from her site. Definitely reference quality material.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Many thanks Greg. I'm glad that you like the Tributes. To be a real tribute to Arnie, I had to be sure that I really do my best work. I'm glad that you came back on Saturday because Friday, the system wasn't tuned particularly well. The room next to ours turned out to be the high voltage electrical room of the hotel - and we had initially set up the turntable on the wall next to it. A nightmare of buzzes, hum and hiss.
Suffice it to say I try to give every significant system a second pass even if I am initially blown away.
P.S.
I did award you Best Sound in Show. GREGADD CAPITOL AUDIOFEST 2022 | What's Best Audio and Video Forum. The Best High End Audio Forum on the planet! (whatsbestforum.com)

Last edited:

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Just for you Gary. Take Fivve in big band.Here Availabke o Tidal
1280x1280.jpg

Reactions: garylkoh

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Gary and Carol,

Congrats! This looks like an absolutely killer speaker. I am a HUGE fan of the Genesis One's having heard them years ago...still a reference experience (1 of 2 the other being the Rockport Arrakis system in Hong Kong).

Questions:

1. I see the Tribute speaker is placed fourth in line on your site, below the Prime (obviously), the Quartet (makes sense since 4-tower), but also the Forte. How does the Forte compare to this? I would have blindly guessed the opposite. (UPDATE: I went back and compared side by side on the site, and it does appear the Forte has 2 x 12" subs per side (vs only 1 with Tribute) because they are side firing.)
2. Adding the Super-sub...would the Tribute not be somewhere above the Quartet in performance?
3. SO NEW QUESTION: HAVING NOW SEEN THAT FORTE HAS 2 X 12" CONES PER SIDE...WHERE DOES IT RANK RELATIVE TO THE OTHER 2 4-TOWERS, IF YOU ADD THE SUPER-SUB TO THIS ONE?

Thanks! Look forward to learning more.

Last edited:
Reactions: sujay

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Gary and Carol,

Congrats! This looks like an absolutely killer speaker. I am a HUGE fan of the Genesis One's having heard them years ago...still a reference experience (1 of 2 the other being the Rockport Arrakis system in Hong Kong).

Questions:

1. I see the Tribute speaker is placed fourth in line on your site, below the Prime (obviously), the Quartet (makes sense since 4-tower), but also the Forte. How does the Forte compare to this? I would have blindly guessed the opposite. (UPDATE: I went back and compared side by side on the site, and it does appear the Forte has 2 x 12" subs per side (vs only 1 with Tribute) because they are side firing.)
2. Adding the Super-sub...would the Tribute not be somewhere above the Quartet in performance?
3. SO NEW QUESTION: HAVING NOW SEEN THAT FORTE HAS 2 X 12" CONES PER SIDE...WHERE DOES IT RANK RELATIVE TO THE OTHER 2 4-TOWERS, IF YOU ADD THE SUPER-SUB TO THIS ONE?

Thanks! Look forward to learning more.

Thanks, Lloyd.

1. The Forte was developed from the G2Jr which was developed from the G350SE. With the Tribute, I did a ground-up re-design. I based it on all of Arnie's technologies, but I re-looked at everything. Including why we needed so many drivers, and with the attendant difficulty of matching drivers.

2. Adding the SuperSub to the Tribute would be somewhere above the Quartet in performance. But I would have to re-look at the servo-design of the SuperSub, just as I did with the Tribute.

3. The Prime+ and the Tribute have my latest thinking in servo-control. The Forte is still one generation back, and the Quartet another generation back. However, in terms of the ranking, there is more technology in the Forte with 2-channels of servo-control amplification - the two 12-inch woofers are individually powered. I also went simpler in the composite technology with the Tribute. The Forte was a bit of an overkill with its 11-layer carbon-fiber reinforced composite sandwich.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks, Lloyd.

1. The Forte was developed from the G2Jr which was developed from the G350SE. With the Tribute, I did a ground-up re-design. I based it on all of Arnie's technologies, but I re-looked at everything. Including why we needed so many drivers, and with the attendant difficulty of matching drivers.

2. Adding the SuperSub to the Tribute would be somewhere above the Quartet in performance. But I would have to re-look at the servo-design of the SuperSub, just as I did with the Tribute.

3. The Prime+ and the Tribute have my latest thinking in servo-control. The Forte is still one generation back, and the Quartet another generation back. However, in terms of the ranking, there is more technology in the Forte with 2-channels of servo-control amplification - the two 12-inch woofers are individually powered. I also went simpler in the composite technology with the Tribute. The Forte was a bit of an overkill with its 11-layer carbon-fiber reinforced composite sandwich.
Hi Gary,

Fantastic and definitely one to keep firmly in the file. I remain awed by the experience with the Genesis 1...I would think the Tribute + SuperSub would be absolutely thrilling beyond belief. And while still huge (that Supersub is massive...H 41” x W 26” x D 38”!)...it certainly starts to be something one could stretch towards in the right room relative to the Prime. Thank you for all the hard work!

Last edited:

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Every time I meet Gary or even just his post I buy every album he comments on. It does not matter genre its quality is always suburb. his setups always show his understanding of reproduction of real music at scale most times too.
many play loud rarely do they play music as he does at shows. I can’t Imagine how any of his sold and set up systems must be to own.

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Every time I meet Gary or even just his post I buy every album he comments on. It does not matter genre its quality is always suburb. his setups always show his understanding of reproduction of real music at scale most times too.
many play loud rarely do they play music as he does at shows. I can’t Imagine how any of his sold and set up systems must be to own.

Thank you Al. When Larry at Distinctive Stereo sets up the Tributes in his room in New Jersey, you must go and visit. Four years of practice, he also does a great job of set-up.

Reactions: Alrainbow

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing