Furutech NCF is impressive!

DevAAudio

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2018
So what differences can you hear in your system with products that utilize Furutech NCF? What I have noticed is overall increased clarity. Anytime you reduce noise and vibration you improve the way the sound is reproduced. With increased clarity there is really no appreciable downside. Read more below:

https://www.devaaudio.com/blog/furutech-ncf-is-a-hifi-no-brainer d6a1e4_9bca9f61aeba4ce1ae0d9c1742526876_mv2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Absolutely, more air, space and yes, clarity, no downsides that I can detect..
Rgds,
Paul

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I am using all the outlets and cable lifters in my sound room as well as their power distribution all with NCF technology and IMO its very effective.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I use NCF plugs on my power cables, and the NCF receptacles and IEC inlets in my modded SurgeX power distributors.

The NCF material lowers the amount of noise on AC lines, it acts as a filter. AC power quality meters will show a large difference. The result is better clarity and less distortion. The plugs have a stainless steel and carbon fiber body that is also intended to damp mechanical vibration, and this works very well too.

I have a single NCF booster I got to test and will add more as funds allow, now there is a smaller version available as well. These are the best cable supports/stands on the market imo.

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Not tried the signal booster yet but use 7 NCF standard boosters in total now (in addition to several NCF IEC's and UK mains plugs), I can easily tell when one is removed. Interestingly, it made little or no difference when used on a 32a Neutrik Powercon mains connector we use on our balanced power supply, possibly because these lock securely into place.

Rocoa

Oct 17, 2018
Spain
I agree. The NCF conectors are excellent. If you like more the sound of gold plating a good choice is add the Supressor CF-080 to the FI 28 and FI 38 plugs.
Anillo.JPEG

In addition to using that is good to wrape teflon tape around the IEC extreme (to avoid microarc). An if you add the boosters.........:eek:.
Teflo?n.JPG

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012
I have Furutech FI-50 NCF IEC plugs on my three Audio Note ISIS power cords. Compared to the half dozen other IEC plugs I have tried on the same cables, these are in a class by themselves. Clarity,, fast transients without sounding bright, solid tight bass, excellent dynamics, see-through transparency, and smooth linear tonal balance, are the descriptors I would use.

But there are two downsides. The NCF plugs take a long time to break in (500 hours) and they go through a lot of ups and downs before settling down. Second, each time the equipment is turned on, they go through a warm up cycle lasting about 30 minutes. For a long listening session, this hardly matters, but it’s a bit annoying when I only have 30 or 45 minutes to listen.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
How exactly do you know its the connectors needing warm up and not the gear?

Reactions: rgmd11

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Yes, that's an unusal comment considering the IEC is constantly live, unless of course you switch off at the wall each time. Current draw will be near zero if the component is not powered but the IEC will still be working at it's job.

But, for a flawed power connection the NCF are among the best.

Rgds,
Paul

Reactions: rgmd11

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012
How exactly do you know its the connectors needing warm up and not the gear?

Easy. I have been using the same equipment (phono setup, electronics and speakers) for the past year and a half and the same power cords with the same AC plugs. The only thing I have changed is the IEC plug on the power cords—-several Furutech models, Oyaide, Neotech and Marinco. I know how the rest of the equipment sounds as it warms up. There are different warmup changes when I have the FI-50 IEC plugs.

I read somewhere that the NCF (whatever it is) needs current flow to become active, and it goes through this every time a component gets turned on. I don’t know the “why” behind this but it is consistent with what I hear.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I never power down my gear unless there is some crazy reason to it like a severe storm or an electrical event in the building. I have never compared cable parts either
Thank you for your reply

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
I read somewhere that the NCF (whatever it is) needs current flow to become active, and it goes through this every time a component gets turned on. I don’t know the “why” behind this but it is consistent with what I hear.

It’s the piezoelectric charge energising the crystals within the NCF plastic bodies

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012
Leaving equipment powered up continuously would certainly solve the warmup issue with each listening session. Unfirtunately that isn’t practical for those of us with all-tube systems.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
agreed that makes sense.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Furutech NCF outlets are an excellent product.

Rocoa

Oct 17, 2018
Spain
An
Furutech NCF outlets are an excellent product.

Yes, no doubt. And the NCF Boosters too.
1.jpg

2.jpg

I've tried 3 and after having been really surprised I bought some more:). I perceived a noticeable rise in all sound parameters.
3.jpg

Reactions: Lee

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
My next Reference power cables will have NCF connectors & I plan on using several NCF Boosters in my system in the near future. Great stuff!

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
An

Yes, no doubt. And the NCF Boosters too.
View attachment 47187

View attachment 47188

I've tried 3 and after having been really surprised I bought some more:). I perceived a noticeable rise in all sound parameters.
View attachment 47189

I have the Jeff Rowland Model 625 ( not S2 like you).
I have notice more bass with Isotek Synchro.
I have Furutech Flux 50 NCF with Jeff Rowland Corus, Esoteric K-03XS, Grimm CC1, Accuphase C47, and before Flux 50 NCF, I have Isotek Nova GII.
I have pass an order for 3 NCF Booster and 6 others NCF Booster Signal.
I hope have them in the end of the January month.
I hope I notice big improvement.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
The Synergistic Research Orange outlet is also excellent. I use both NCF and Orange.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing