For $95 looks like worth trying

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
This is interesting. I think it's worth measuring and comparing/listening (before and after), and inviting friends over for blind testing.
Two exact same amps...one treated the other not.

Do you have audio electronic scientist friends with golden hearing, that would be an asset.

AdamZ

Mar 23, 2017
Germanny
Why should blind tests be good?
If I have a difference with my eyes open? If you do not believe in Santa anymore, Christmas has finally lost its magic.
If you want to do a blind test then do it. But grant others the freedom of their own opinion and consideration. If you can not do that you have a bigger problem than negating cable sound and other things.
This is interesting. I think it's worth measuring and comparing/listening (before and after), and inviting friends over for blind testing.
Two exact same amps...one treated the other not.

Do you have audio electronic scientist friends with golden hearing, that would be an asset.

AdamZ

Mar 23, 2017
Germanny
My post was mainly humorous. Blind testing was definitely humorous.
I could have used an emoji ...
Hello NorthStar.
For sure. Could you. But you have reasons not to do it. I've never joked about blind tests. They prove something. Maybe. Change but significantly less than many think. And it does not matter.
Please do not get this wrong. You can do blind tests in any configuration. And draw your conclusions from it. But give others their own way.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
You misinterpreted my meaning Adam, it seems like.

1. I thanked miniguy for sharing that blog and its content...the covering of the capacitors.
2. I said it's worth measuring and listening to.
3. With humor I brought up the audio science on top of all, for good measure, positive humor I might add.

* I agree with miniguy that for only less than hundred bucks it's worth trying; I gave credit to him on that. That's all, nothing else more or less...it's all positive in my words and in my soul.

Some trust more their measuring machines with curves on graphics, others their hearing, and others both. The main thing is to be happy when the music is playing. That, we sometimes forget in our concentrated analysis. But comparing is good for a balanced opinion...the experimenters are on a higher foundation of advanced knowledge...with the possibility of a better seize.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing