Finyl cd treatment & green rings

Henri K.

Jun 8, 2020
I was organizing my cd collection after many , many years of neglect and discovered this one . Also discovered one with blue permanent marker on edge. Ahhh , to be young an foolish ...

Attachments

• DSC00748.JPG
    DSC00748.JPG
    643 KB · Views: 13

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
I was organizing my cd collection after many , many years of neglect and discovered this one . Also discovered one with blue permanent marker on edge. Ahhh , to be young an foolish ...

Yep With these CD "tweaks" hands up who didn't slide into the CD upper sound (Rabbit Hole}--as Steve eloquently put it;)!

I say more of a Snake pit -I quaffed up Armour all:eek:--Yep thanks KK you Berk!--Green pen 357:confused:Audioquest stick ons which did their job sooo well
when you attempted to remove them they pulled the Chrome labelling off with it-Bad AQ:mad: some ubiquitous floppy CD "mats" that end up getting stuck in the innards or being sliced off when the drawer closed-all binned:rolleyes:Auric Spermatozoa lookalike --hey sorta did something-but nah--a good disc wash with dishwashing liquid rinse and pat dry --ah that was better -hmm improvement slow but OK with this:) Harmonix MYT Tuning sheets
Kiushi-san demoed these at a Stereophile Show--seemed to enhance ( Sorry!)and cut some Digital glare--me grab and have them on my CDs --Yes I like what they do--you may not --downsides --they won't stick to any CD that is not Shiny super gloss smooth-and unlike the awful AQ's then will NOT peel the label off if one wishes to discard- all in all I would give them thumbs up after 25 years in my trays.:p.
And as for the final knife in the wallet--the Acoustic Revive RD3-- I would not recommend for all CD playback --my finding is that while the unit works fine it seems to bring out more apparent detail and edginess --which in my book means Digititus --thumbs down from Moi:oops:
I do however trim all my discs with the AudioDeske trimmer--this I do like and while you never probably get top dollar for a trimmed Nightwish Sleepwalker on Discogs --you can enjoy it with the trimmers benefits:cool:. Finally the Cd sprays and buffs well only two make the cutting in my book YVMV--so
A:Ensemble of Switzerland Visi Silver disc cleaner- Liquid 4.5 Stars out of 5
B:The UltraBit Platinum Plus Digital and Analog enhance --Spray 5 Stars Plus+:)-this little mixture does what it claims-recommended

I rest my case thank you.

BruceD

Last edited:

Henri K.

Jun 8, 2020
Trimming discs ? That's new one for me . What are the benefits ?As for disc cleaners - I bought one in mid 90's , shown on first picture , now I just use the one shown in second photo or diluted spray for cleaning windows .

Attachments

• DSC00760.JPG
    DSC00760.JPG
    505.5 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC00756.JPG
    DSC00756.JPG
    535.6 KB · Views: 7

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing