Fidelizer features explanation

Windows X

Feb 28, 2011
www.fidelizer-audio.com
I read Fidelizer comments in forums and found most people believing it's just shutting down services with some process tweaks that could be done with batch file. I'd like to make proper explanation here to tell you what Fidelizer does beyond that in details.

This is what Fidelizer does writen in my website.

-Optimize audio thread, I/O priorities, clock rate in resource scheduler
-Optimize network utilization for low latency streaming media
-Optimize process thread priorities and system clock resolution
-Optimize processor core assignment for multi-core CPU
-Launch audiophile player with Fidelizer optimizations
-Stop most system services leaving only audio-related ones

Read more at http://www.windowsxlive.net/fidelizer/

While this may not be clear enough, I'd like to rephrase again.

Fidelizer's core optimizations does 3 things you should consider that no other software does or advertised those features.

a) MMCSS optimizations - You may see a few of MMCSS optimizations online but Fidelizer doesn't do it like others you see. The first thing is it doesn't permanently change MMCSS optimizations. The second is my MMCSS optimizations is done from hard work and long research of digitial audio in 'highend systems'. I did what it was best for real highend systems with audition from respected digital highend shops here. It also does balancing between system/audio/network and let you configure for best music listening experience for streaming media as well.

b) Kernel timer resolution optimization - This was introduced way back in a few places. I think it's firstly introduced in digital audio by Peter from XXHighend. I personal discovered this from DPC Latency checker software. I used to have stuttering audio for low latency playback but after running DPC Latency checker, it stopped stuttering. So I look further and found this software changed timer resolution from 15.6ms to 1ms fixing this stuttering issue. Fidelizer also does this and will set it to lowest possible (0.5ms).

c) Audio thread priority optimization - This is the only and unique feature where I'm confident that no one else have done that before and you can never do it yourself from system tweaks or batch script. It will optimize audio thread priority to high priority improving audio performance significantly 'by native API'. It's NT6 API feature that allows Windows to adjust audio thread priority directly and Fidelizer does that 'FOR FREE'.

This are the solely reason why you should consider trying Fidelizer and don't just treat this as some services/process tweaks software. And I'd like to add that not all software does the same optimizations, Fidelizer/XXHighend/AudiophileOptimizer/some batch scripts won't assign the same core affinity and lowering/increasing process priority all the same too.

Even if you already does all that thinking it's your optimal optimization, Fidelizer can still further improve it with its core optimizations as I mentioned above. Core optimizations made Fidelizer original and there's no alternatives right now. I hope you'll enjoy good music with Fidelizer and happy new year 2015.

Cheers,
Windows X

amiglick

Nov 4, 2014
Hello,

Hello,
I use Audiophile Optimizer on Windows Server 2012 R2 with very good results.
I use Single PC, no Jplay, network streaming to PSAudio Perfectwave II DAC, using high performance components and cables all the way.
Does fidelizer 6.3 Pro has an added value in my system ?

Thanks,

amiglick

amiglick

Nov 4, 2014
I will install it tonight.
Any special installation instructions for installing over AO ?

Windows X

Feb 28, 2011
www.fidelizer-audio.com
For free Fidelizer, choose Network Streaming for best possible sound quality through network. You can choose Customize for your own needs as well.
For Fidelizer Pro, choose Network Extremist with Network Render.

Windows X

Feb 28, 2011
www.fidelizer-audio.com
Thanks. I hope new website can help explaining about Fidelizer in details. It took only one day to make a new website but another one week rewriting contents to make it easier to understand.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing