Esoteric Grandioso C1 and M1

mchydro

Sep 8, 2016
Anyone ever heard this preamp and amp combo? Will be using these with my TAD R1's once I finish paying for them. Got a great deal. Not much written about them. Any thoughts or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
I have the esoteric c2 and it's wonderful

No complaints
It's extremely musical fast detailed with amazing highs bass and stupendous soundstage timbrally rich

It's does not seem to impede the music in anyway I have detected

I have often wondered how much better the C1 is....let me know

I cannot comment on amplifiers

Good luck and congrats

mchydro

Sep 8, 2016

No complaints
It's extremely musical fast detailed with amazing highs bass and stupendous soundstage timbrally rich

Good luck and congrats

Thanks!

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I listened them in a shop in Italy one month ago with Rockport cygnus and some days ago with tad r1.

Very good amp with natural sound and very good bass.
Sure among the best.In comparison with CH Precision i prefer CH for more details,air,but sure a very good amp.

Gianluigi

mchydro

Sep 8, 2016
Thank you Gianluigi. When you heard the Grandioso M1's with the TAD's, what was the preamp, source and cabling if you remember? By the way, I am Italian-American. My ancestors came from Campobasso and Pietra Melara. I am still needing to visit the homeland. Regards, Michael

mchydro

Sep 8, 2016
I listened them in a shop in Italy one month ago with Rockport cygnus and some days ago with tad r1.

Very good amp with natural sound and very good bass.
Sure among the best.In comparison with CH Precision i prefer CH for more details,air,but sure a very good amp.

Gianluigi

The CH Precision amps are much more expensive than Esoteric Grandioso M1's correct? Is it a fair comparison?

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Ciao Michael,
i live in north of italy near Milan.
Happy you are half italian,but i think you live better in USA than Italy,for our always stupid government.

The M1 was with his preamp C1 and cd K01.
Cable was Audioquest,cheap cable.

The price in Italy are,including 22% of VAT, C1 42.500 euro and M1 euro 42.500 pair,so total are euro 85.000
While CH are L1 euro 30.000 and A1 euro 30.000 each,so i listen A1 in mono,so are 60.000 euro and total is 90.000 euro

In this situation for me i prefer CH for his sound more open,fast,dynamic and natural,but also Esoteric are very good.

Ciao
Gianluigi

mchydro

Sep 8, 2016
Ciao Michael,
i live in north of italy near Milan.
Happy you are half italian,but i think you live better in USA than Italy,for our always stupid government.

The M1 was with his preamp C1 and cd K01.
Cable was Audioquest,cheap cable.

The price in Italy are,including 22% of VAT, C1 42.500 euro and M1 euro 42.500 pair,so total are euro 85.000
While CH are L1 euro 30.000 and A1 euro 30.000 each,so i listen A1 in mono,so are 60.000 euro and total is 90.000 euro

In this situation for me i prefer CH for his sound more open,fast,dynamic and natural,but also Esoteric are very good.

Ciao
Gianluigi

Gianluigi,
Thank you once again for your reply and sharing your experiences. You are very kind.

Ciao,
Michael

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)

No complaints

Good luck and congrats

I also have an Esoteric C-02 preamp for quite some time now. It's one of the most amazing preamps I have ever heard in anyone's system, my own or any show or demo environment.
Properly cabled (power, IC, grounding, etc.) it has tube-like characteristics and all the dynamic range and full frequency response of great solid state. Simply put, the C-02 is amazing;
I can only guess at how wonderful the C1 must sound!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing