Entreq Tellus grounding

belancer

Sep 16, 2020
Hello guys,
I'm a newbee and considering buying Entreq. I have few questions that I hope you can help with:
My system includes: a dedicated power line to Ansuz C2 power distibution, digital front end: router, switch, music server (with linear power suply), dac (with linear power suply); pre and power.
Dealer here is recommending me 2 options:
#1: A Entreq Pluton, it seems to be a great new product even though the price range is quite out of my budget, but if I'm able to afford it, what's the best connection for my system? Which device should be prioritized : to ground as many equipment as possible or 2 for negative speaker terminals + pre and dac? Or any other suggestion?

#2 the dealer also offers 2 units of Olympus Infinity (non Tungsten) at a very good price, by which, I have 4 ground lines, which devices should be prioritized: digital front end or pre/amp? (I dont think to spend 2 those box for just 2 speaker terminal)

The cable for both option are Apollo Infinity.
If option 1 is to go, is it worth the money?
Thank you!

Reactions: HK Panda

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Hello guys,
I'm a newbee and considering buying Entreq. I have few questions that I hope you can help with:
My system includes: a dedicated power line to Ansuz C2 power distibution, digital front end: router, switch, music server (with linear power suply), dac (with linear power suply); pre and power.
Dealer here is recommending me 2 options:
#1: A Entreq Pluton, it seems to be a great new product even though the price range is quite out of my budget, but if I'm able to afford it, what's the best connection for my system? Which device should be prioritized : to ground as many equipment as possible or 2 for negative speaker terminals + pre and dac? Or any other suggestion?

#2 the dealer also offers 2 units of Olympus Infinity (non Tungsten) at a very good price, by which, I have 4 ground lines, which devices should be prioritized: digital front end or pre/amp? (I dont think to spend 2 those box for just 2 speaker terminal)

The cable for both option are Apollo Infinity.
If option 1 is to go, is it worth the money?
Thank you!
If I were to do it again, I would of went with the Olympus TenTen, which gives you the ability to ground up to 10 devices, and if you find something needs more, you bridge two of the posts together to beep up the grounding any any devices that would benefit from it. I would try to stay with the Tungsten models if at all possible, as it's the newest tech Entreq has. What I like about the TenTen is the versatility and it limits the number of feet you need spend money on.

I think it's a difficult question to answer where the priority should be, that way getting a ground box that can address all your including your preamp, or music server, would best. When I started my system I didn't have the music server in place but now I do have had to address grounding that one, and it seems to me the biggest gains are at the music server. You could go with a smaller box, such as the O10-T for the Music server and still get a lot out of that. Address your power that will give you benefits all down the line.

Last edited:
Reactions: belancer

belancer

Sep 16, 2020
If I were to do it again, I would of went with the Olympus TenTen, which gives you the ability to ground up to 10 devices, and if you find something needs more, you bridge two of the posts together to beep up the grounding any any devices that would benefit from it. I would try to stay with the Tungsten models if at all possible, as it's the newest tech Entreq has. What I like about the TenTen is the versatility and it limits the number of feet you need spend money on.

I think it's a difficult question to answer where the priority should be, that way getting a ground box that can address all your including your preamp, or music server, would best. When I started my system I didn't have the music server in place but now I do have had to address grounding that one, and it seems to me the biggest gains are at the music server. You could go with a smaller box, such as the O10-T for the Music server and still get a lot out of that. Address your power that will give you benefits all down the line.
The Ten Ten is perfect but out of my reach :)
So your opinion is that trying to ground as many equipment as possible.
For the music server, how to connect it to a Entreq box, via any unused USB port of the PC?
Should I need to connect my Ansuz power distribution to Entreq box and how?

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
For the music server, how to connect it to a Entreq box, via any unused USB port of the PC?
For music server, yes, you would need a HOOK/USB (H/USB) cable.
My general suggestion is to ground as many items as possible even with smaller ground boxes until you learn which things would benefit from a larger box.

For the Ansuz you can either plus a H / Power cable into one of the empty plug outlets or into the a wall socket next to where you have the Ansuz plugged in. You can also any extra entreq eartha ground cables, (Hook/Hook type), if determine that any screws on your Ansuz are tied to ground, and then you can choose to just use a hook / hook cable instead. You will need a multimeter that has a continuity test function to determine that.

FA8147E328105C6B8B5DA45C966E4561.png

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK

After you get going, please post your discovery and or questions. There are so many variables, and I think in general with a limited budget, getting smaller ground boxes, and grounding more devices would yield better results than just betting a bigger boxes and grounding only one or two devices. At least it will give you the flexibility to try different combinations. I do agree with what is written on the entreq website to start with the power, because everything is starting from that point. Aside from the power, your music begins at the music server, so in the beginning you should focus there first.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
I used the hook to hook Triton to connect to one of the chassis screws of my power conditioner. You can use a multimeter to make sure that screw is connected to the ground pin of the IEC inlet of your power conditioner. Usually any chassis screws are connected like that but you may want to make sure.

A while back, Entreq did offer a ground cable with a AC plug having a ground pin only for that purpose but they may have dropped this option because of poor demand. The photo shown the one that I am still using.

By the way, I try to use a second Triton in my system and didn't sound as good with just one Triton.

Have fun.

Following DTS-99's advise, today I received my Apollo infinity power ground cable, upgraded from the Silver infinity my local dealer borrowed me. This will be connected to my music room power conditioner or wall socket next to where the PC is plugged in. Not sure if there is a difference between the two? I already tested the Chinese power ground cable vs the Entreq silver, and it was Entreq was quite a step up, so I'm sure the Apollo will be another step up from the Silver infinity. Funny thing today when I picked up this cable from my dealer, I asked him if he had tried it (he already knew what the silver cable did) and he said he didn't want to try it because he knew he would like it and was afraid he could not be happy with his system after hearing it with the Apollo.

Well last night I got a change to hear the system with the Apollo ground cable in place, and DTS was spot on it his suggestion as the improvement in realism, texture, and clarity were all improved by a large margin. Don't skimp on the power ground cable.

IMG_5074.jpg

Last edited:

dts-99

Nov 15, 2018
Glad you took my suggestion to ground your power conditioner/ wall outlet with the Infinity Apollo.

My other experience is that all those ground cables will benefit greatly from burning-in using a good “cable cooker”, just like all other interconnects, speaker cables and power cords. I mean a real cable cooking machine, not a refrigerator.

Have fun.

Attachments

• A9C5D2CF-7A12-4701-885C-4C0A01B6E627.jpeg
    A9C5D2CF-7A12-4701-885C-4C0A01B6E627.jpeg
    1,015.7 KB · Views: 27

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Glad you took my suggestion to ground your power conditioner/ wall outlet with the Infinity Apollo.

My other experience is that all those ground cables will benefit greatly from burning-in using a good “cable cooker”, just like all other interconnects, speaker cables and power cords. I mean a real cable cooking machine, not a refrigerator.

Have fun.
Thanks for that. I will put that on my shopping list, which is quite long actually. My wife somehow knew when I said "this is my last purchase for awhile" that I was lying to myself. :)

Reactions: PYP

MarkusBarkus

Feb 6, 2021
..."awhile" is such a helpful audiophile term. At once settling and calming to one's spouse, while still offering a hopeful glimpse of the myriad of possibilities that still beckon with every new post.

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
I had my S.I.N. power conditioner built with a grounding post and have attached a grounding cable from my SGS Pinnacle-4 to it. Yes a nice improvement in getting a drop in the noise floor.

(Dealer disclaimer)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1652177072200.jpg
    FB_IMG_1652177072200.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 5

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Received 3 Entreq Nanos, Tungsten wraps, and some other Entreq Eartha cables with my last order. The Nano is very versatile and can be used in a lot of places. The Nano is very strong for it's size, and I would equate it to 1/4 or 1/2 of an Olympus Ten T. Really a good value to test where Olympus Tungsten tech will work in your setup. Because the Nano as two connections it would be easy to daisy chain them, to increase the ground for any setup. The cable it comes with is Apollo infinity, but of course it is very short, but you are getting an Apollo level cable. I think anyone starting out would be wise to get a set of Nanos with the adaptors and try them in different places until you learn where they can be used in their particular setup. Just one more versatile grounding tool.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Infinity Triton ground cable is a powerful cable that replaced the Infinity Atlantis. I replaced the Infinity Apollo ground cables with the Infinity Triton at the power conditioner, the improvement is huge in all area. I really doubt if I need another one to replace my other Infinity Apollo.

I am the first one in this world to request for a Infinity Triton ground cable with fixed hook connector. I asked Entreq about this and they said they have not made one like that. That said the cable with fixed connector will sound "different". Since then, they added the fixed connector back as an option when you order their ground cable. You can do your own interpretation of what that mean.

I will pick sound quality over flexibility any time.
The cost difference for me between the Apollo and the Triton was relatively small, so my dealer agreed to take the Apollo back and has ordered me a Triton. Normally he would not take things I ordered back, but he wants the Apollo himself after trying the Silver,

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
It seems in my setup that the Apollo Eartha H / Power cable connected via power plug ground provides much superior grounding than the Apollo H / H connected to screws that are connected to the ground. I did perform a continuity test, and there didn't seem to be any difference on the meter between the screw and the ground plug. I swapped tonight to the H / Power cable and connected it to the plug ground, and after about an hour, the sound quality improved in all areas, not a small change.

Last edited:

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Does anyone happen to know if the Entreq grounding effect resets when you power off a Entreq grounded power conditioner? i.e. You are starting from scratch after each power on?

I'm uncertain but it seems like to me that is the case, looking for confirmation.

Ugc

Mar 7, 2022
Hello Guys ,
I bought some entreq product
1 silver tellus
2 receivus ( ? place it above mono amps)
Apollo and some entreq copper cable.
1 apollo cable connected to dcs network bridge
1 apollo cable connected to pre ampli.
2 copper cable connected
to receivus
1 d?y xlr to spade cable connected to totaldac d1-7 output
1 eartha rj45 cable connected to router
2 earha copper cable connected to mono amps ( to grounding screw) ? hear hum noise left speaker (no hum noise when ? disconnect the left amp connection )
Do u think my connection method is correct ?

I’m also using Torus avr 16 ( do u have any suggestions connections to torus)
Should ? add atlantis tellus to silver tellus

Thank u

Last edited:

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
I used the hook to hook Triton to connect to one of the chassis screws of my power conditioner. You can use a multimeter to make sure that screw is connected to the ground pin of the IEC inlet of your power conditioner. Usually any chassis screws are connected like that but you may want to make sure.

A while back, Entreq did offer a ground cable with a AC plug having a ground pin only for that purpose but they may have dropped this option because of poor demand. The photo shown the one that I am still using.

By the way, I try to use a second Triton in my system and didn't sound as good with just one Triton.

Have fun.

I was not sure what you meant by you tried to use a second Triton in you system but didn't like it. Do you mean you tried to use two Tritons to ground your power conditioner, one chassis, and one ground plug?

I've grounded now both the power ground using the WS special Apollo cable, and I rigged one of the Nano Apollo cables for chassis ground, and that seemed to help the sound quality.

Last edited:

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Hello Guys ,
I bought some entreq product
1 silver tellus
2 receivus ( ? place it above mono amps)
Apollo and some entreq copper cable.
1 apollo cable connected to dcs network bridge
1 apollo cable connected to pre ampli.
2 copper cable connected
to receivus
1 d?y xlr to spade cable connected to totaldac d1-7 output
1 eartha rj45 cable connected to router
2 earha copper cable connected to mono amps ( to grounding screw) ? hear hum noise left speaker (no hum noise when ? disconnect the left amp connection )
Do u think my connection method is correct ?

I’m also using Torus avr 16 ( do u have any suggestions connections to torus)
Should ? add atlantis tellus to silver tellus

Thank u
I will make a general suggestion. Don't connect them all at once. Perhaps start with your source DAC perhaps, and ground that, listen, get a feel for what it added, then add more. What are you doing for power?

Ugc

Mar 7, 2022
selam beyler,
Baz? entreq sat?n al?nd?
1 simit
2 (mono amfilerin üzerine koyuyorum)
Apollo ve baz? entreq bak?r kablo.
DC'ler a? yuvas?a Ba?l? 1 apollo
Ön ampliye Ba?l? 1 apollo kablosu.
2 bak?r kablo al?c?ya
Totaldac d1-7 ç?k???na Ba?l? 1 d?y xlr - kürek kablosu
Yönlendiriciye Ba?l? 1 toprak rj45 kablo
2 earha bak?r kablo mono amfiye Ba?l? (topraklama vidas?na) sol hoparlörden u?ultu Sesi (sol amfi söktü?ümde u?ultu yok)
Ba?lant? do?ru yöntemi mi?

Ben de Torus avr 16 kullan?yorum (torus ile ilgili bir nas?l bir var m??)
atlantis tellus ekleyeyim mi
Genel bir öneride bulunaca??m. Hepsini ayn? anda ba?lamay?n. Belki de kaynak DAC'?n?zla ba?lay?n ve bunu topraklay?n, dinleyin, ne ekledi?ine dair bir fikir edinin, sonra daha fazlas?n? ekleyin. Güç için ne yap?yorsun?

Ugc

Mar 7, 2022
I will make a general suggestion. Don't connect them all at once. Perhaps start with your source DAC perhaps, and ground that, listen, get a feel for what it added, then add more. What are you doing for power?
Hello
thanks for the reply , I did as u say .now entreq works very well with all devices connected, only the hum on the left channel bothers me.Today i put receivus on monoblocks the result is better. i don't do anything for power. do u have any suggestions?

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Hello
thanks for the reply , I did as u say .now entreq works very well with all devices connected, only the hum on the left channel bothers me.Today i put receivus on monoblocks the result is better. i don't do anything for power. do u have any suggestions?
Your mono amps are both connected to their own tellus connection? Not sharing with other devices?

Reactions: Ugc

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing