Entreq Tellus grounding

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hello,

I owned a Poseidon box which was unfortunately taking the dust.
I can now plug it again but I have a question which might sound stupid. I want to connect the Poseidon to my amp through the negative speakers output. However I have also a Rel subwoofer and the ground cable of the Rel subwoofer is also connected to the negative speaker outputs of my power amp ( but the Rel is not connected to the Entreq box)
Is it safe to proceed ? Anyone mixing Entreq,amplifier connection and Rel subwoofer ?

Thanks and regards
Alex

Not come across that before Alex.
Best plan is to email Per Orlof at Entreq and get his advice

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I posted earlier about sending an Apollo power cable back to Entreq for upgrading to Infinity. I had found it used at a good price so the upgrade made sense.
It arrived back last Thursday looking like new and the same day the Apollo 3,5 earth cables arrived very promptly from Audio Therapy to enable me to complete that upgrade on the one remaining Apollo Infinity i/c on my MD 109 tuner. As it happened a pair of Mullard/Philipps NOS tubes for the tuner also arrived so a triple bill of upgrades.
I mention that to give the context to my experiences with the two Entreq upgrades and will post separately on the tube upgrades.
All three changes went in at the same time for convenience but obviously the effects on CD and vinyl are unaffected by the tube upgrade.
We listened first to the tuner on BBC Radio 3 which was broadcasting a live recording from the Royal Opera House of "The Marriage of Figaro" We then were straight in to a tenor and soprano duet towards the end of the opera and were rewarded with a an immediately jaw dropping sound. My very experienced friend said it was as if we were "in the audience" which completely encapsulated what we were hearing, A wonderful tone, nuance, articulationt and dynamics. A great success!
Subsequently I listened to CD/SACD and vinyl where of course the only new factor was the Apollo Infinity pc. Again a clearly audible improvement over the Challenger 3V that had previously served the Vitus 025 amp, and which had been redeployed to the Scarlatti Word Clock.Both digital and vinyl gained a new clarity and focus with more clearly defined instruments within the soundstage.
The pc will need some further burning in before it delivers its best, but I am in no doubt that the Apollo Infinity pc is a great cable. They are not inexpensive, but do repay the investment and the Entreq customer service was very good, again I should say, as previous experiences have been very positive.
Is the cost worth it? People will have to make their own decision within their own framework of upgrades and resources available. In my case I am completely satisfied with the decision to invest in the Apollo Infinity pc and the Apollo 3.5 earths on the Apollo Infinity i/c.

Reactions: Tom Edwards

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Hello,

I owned a Poseidon box which was unfortunately taking the dust.
I can now plug it again but I have a question which might sound stupid. I want to connect the Poseidon to my amp through the negative speakers output. However I have also a Rel subwoofer and the ground cable of the Rel subwoofer is also connected to the negative speaker outputs of my power amp ( but the Rel is not connected to the Entreq box)
Is it safe to proceed ? Anyone mixing Entreq,amplifier connection and Rel subwoofer ?

Thanks and regards
Alex

the Poseidon is a 'dead end' electrically (assuming the Poseidon terminal you use has nothing else connected), and therefore will not be affected by whether your REL is connected or not connected to the negative speaker terminal. assuming you now prefer that the REL is connected in that way, this should not change that. and you specifically mention that the REL is not connected to the Poseidon or any grounding. you would want to avoid any 'loop'.

the only issues are that the three spades or wire connectors fit on the terminal, and that it sounds better. i'd recommend your speaker cable spade be on the inside closest to the chassis, the REL connector next, and then the Entreq ground spade.

in my case, i did have my Poseidon connected to my negative speaker terminal, and at the other end of the speaker cables, the negative terminal is connected to my powered, active, bass towers. so electrically really the same thing.

Last edited:

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
There is a signicant body of experience of using Entreq grounding with sub woofers, all,AFAIK, successful and often very successful and as Mike has replied possible in the way you enquired about. It is not something I have tried yet so can't comment further.
I do. however, wonder why you don't earth the amp directly to the Poseidon. I am sure that there are good reasons but curious as to what they are

moby2004

Jan 21, 2018
the Poseidon is a 'dead end' electrically (assuming the Poseidon terminal you use has nothing else connected), and therefore will not be affected by whether your REL is connected or not connected to the negative speaker terminal. assuming you now prefer that the REL is connected in that way, this should not change that. and you specifically mention that the REL is not connected to the Poseidon or any grounding. you would want to avoid any 'loop'.

the only issues are that the three spades or wire connectors fit on the terminal, and that it sounds better. i'd recommend your speaker cable spade be on the inside closest to the chassis, the REL connector next, and then the Entreq ground spade.

in my case, i did have my Poseidon connected to my negative speaker terminal, and at the other end of the speaker cables, the negative terminal is connected to my powered, active, bass towers. so electrically really the same thing.

Hello Mike,
Thank you, I will give it a try. I contacted Entreq, they couldn’t confirm it would work 100% ( but it should) as they had no similar experience.
They however suggested me to plug the ground cable of the Rel sub to another location of the chassis if possible.

Alex

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Anybody with a Cleanus , try attaching an Atlantis Minimus to it directly. Tried it and find it beneficial. Worth experimenting.

Tom Edwards

Nov 5, 2017
United Kingdom
Jazz head
I have a Silver Tellus and an Atlantis Tellus grounding the mains. Adding the Atlantis Tellus made a large improvement. Recently I have put an Entreq Athena Level 2 base underneath both ground boxes. This is connected via an Apollo Infinity to a Silver Minimus. Significant gains have been made to the upper frequencies.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Jazz h
Jazz head
I have a Silver Tellus and an Atlantis Tellus grounding the mains. Adding the Atlantis Tellus made a large improvement. Recently I have put an Entreq Athena Level 2 base underneath both ground boxes. This is connected via an Apollo Infinity to a Silver Minimus. Significant gains have been made to the upper frequencies.

Hi Tom,

Yes a similar experience, with all that is mentioned by you. If you have the ST plus AT .... You should consider completing the trioka by daisy chaining a Cleanus . Ground peg from the Cleanus to the ST and it's power cord into your wall mains or distributor. Try it, will round things of nicely.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Jazz head

I use Athena too Tom with similar benefits.
A double and a single width rack with Level 3 bases and Level 2 shelves with a mixture of Apollo and Atlantis earth cables,
They also have the advantage of looking a lot less industrial than many other racks.

bimbo83

Oct 24, 2017
Hi Entreq enthusiast!

I am curious about Empire switch/battery. Have anyone bought or tried? Not much feedback on the net since its launch!

Thanks.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Entreq is quite popular in Hong Kong.
The brand has got a dedicated showroom of itself lately (sorry, it's narrated in Cantonese only, by a famous HK audio reviewer Lee388/Patrick) :

]

Last edited:

marmota

Feb 3, 2016
Entreq is quite popular in Hong Kong.
The brand has got a dedicated showroom of itself lately (sorry, it's narrated in Cantonese only, by a famous HK audio reviewer Lee388/Patrick) :

]

Very cool looking showroom!
Sadly, I couldn't understand a single word, but Lee388/Patrick seems to be very friendly and professional. I wish I knew how to speak cantonese to understand correctly.
Btw, do you know the name of the song that starts at 3:54?

Reactions: Mossback

Mossback

Thanks for the video CKKeung,
There is a well informed friendly vibrant audiophile community in Hong Kong. Even for someone who speaks little or no Chinese you will be welcomed in the small audio shops there. Lots of vintage love there especially for Leak but other brands as well.

cedboe

May 27, 2019
Hey there !

If someone is interested I'm letting go some of my Entreq Konstantin Infinity signal and speakers cables at a very good price, please pm if interested !

Happy new year to all !

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing