Entreq Tellus grounding

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
+1, but I would like to ask if anyone tried the Entreq with the Devialet's?

Yes I use 2 Atlantis Eartha cables with a Silver Tellus Box with my D800. I also use Atlantis mains cables which are connected to a separate Silver Tellus box via Atlantis ground cables.

Fabulous products, complement the Devialet really well.

Guillaume

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Anybody has any idea what is inside the grounding box ?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
There is repeated deja voodoo on this thread

Maril555

Jun 26, 2014
Cat litter?
Keith.
You seem to care so much about Entreq, being involved in this discussion.
So, if you are so scientifically inclined, why don't you get one for yourself,
conduct a series of your own experiments, and prove to yourself whether
it does, or does not do, what the manufacturer claims it does.
After your experiments concluded, please, open the box up and expose the cat litter for everyone to see.
You will sure feel vindicated at that point.
Otherwise, please be quiet, your posts have become quite annoying.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Maril555

Jun 26, 2014
And what relevance would that have?, one way or anothet

Orb

Sep 8, 2010

:)
Orb

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
My gosh Keith, you're back to cat litter. You should take shares out in cat litter, 'cause SO many people are paying BIG bucks for the stuff. You could do this on the sly, and still lecture to the rest of us.
I'm SO pleased you've bought an Entreq box (must be true because anyone taking it on trial deliberately breaking into one to discover it's full of said substance, would forfeit the trial and have to pay full price).
Of course if you haven't, my my my, you are full of yourself to pontificate and slander the product.
What I "love" about the arch objectivists in this hobby, and in life generally, is that they just cannot get their head around the human experience being myriad and varied, and human psychology/ear/brain interface being a mysterious place where phenomena converge to produce good, and bad, outcomes. I actually have my own theories on how tweaks work, and a lot of it is probably not as advertised. But since my theories can't be measured, you of course would have no interest.
Of course the subjective camp is a lot more relaxed about such things, and if some, or even many don't get the effect, like jap, and my cable guy, and maybe Cheryl if she ever secures a trial, we subjectivists don't shoot them down in flames. No, we accept systems are different, experiences are different, people are different. Physics and mechanics may remain the same, but the response of people to it is a mixture of the physical and the not so physical.
And of course, Keith is an arch SUBJECTIVIST when it comes to his coffee - if he was really objective, he would shelve his uber machine for the cat litter that is instant coffee in jars!
C'mon Keith, go sell something, anything, from your portfolio, to get your rocks off. You must be underoccupied to be so frequent, and frequently tedious on this thread.

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Keith, you've been barred from this forum, and many others I believe. Good going. Not many of us have achieved this unique accolade (save for Peter B who in effect commited public Hiri Kari). I think your ulterior motive is just to **** people off. If you get barred again, it's just a consequence of your bull headed nature. You don't really give a monkeys.
Only when you require this free forum to advertise your wares do you slide back here w/apologies, thence to push your products at the expense of others (pissing others off in the process), and finally to reopen old grievances w/the trashing of "foo" like Entreq. I have to say if you had anything approaching a balanced sounding system in your room, I would respect your views. But you were happy to try and sell me a sound that was patently unbalanced. And you deserve no respect for this.
At least Peter B went out in a blaze of hysterically humorous self destruction. You remain the uninvited guest who just won't stop boring people senseless at the party.
It's me who is extricating myself from your unrewarding company and will continue to promote the positive benefits of Entreq.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
For all interested in the proper subject of this thread, I'm actively considering auditioning the £5.5k/$8k Olympus Tellus 7 ground post uber grounding solution. I previously didn't detect any impvt going S. Tellus to same w/add-on Atlantis box and upgraded Atlantis cables. If anything the sound suffered. But many things have changed, I have a much better performing system, and I think upgrading grounding may be more fruitful now. Aiming to audition in the next couple of months. Just negotiating a decision on dedicated lines first.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Does that mean you won't be opening the box?
Keith

Presumption of innocence" serves to emphasize that the prosecution has the obligation to prove each element of the offense beyond a reasonable doubt (or some other level of proof depending on the criminal justice system) and that the accused bears no burden of proof.[22] This is often expressed in the phrase innocent until proven guilty, coined by the English lawyer Sir William Garrow (1760–1840).[23] Garrow insisted that accusers be robustly tested in court. An objective observer in the position of the juror must reasonably conclude that the defendant almost certainly committed the crime.[24]

So the ball is in your court.

Otherwise what you are doing is called McCarthyism in this country.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Keith, thanks very much for chiming in. I know you have more important things to do than to keep in effect squabbling neighbours bickering/uncontrolled toddlers screaming/spinning tops clashing, and rest assured, in future I will only refer to the subject/product at hand. Life's too short (you only have to read the news re Tunisia y'day :()

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Mod: Let's be respectful guys and not make derogatory comments. Make your criticism constructive by presenting information and not just put down what is being said.

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
For all interested in the proper subject of this thread, I'm actively considering auditioning the £5.5k/$8k Olympus Tellus 7 ground post uber grounding solution. I previously didn't detect any impvt going S. Tellus to same w/add-on Atlantis box and upgraded Atlantis cables. If anything the sound suffered. But many things have changed, I have a much better performing system, and I think upgrading grounding may be more fruitful now. Aiming to audition in the next couple of months. Just negotiating a decision on dedicated lines first.

Does someone on the forum has Olympus box in his system and/or made a comparison with the Silver Tellus ?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Mssr. C, it's pretty new and pretty pricey, so maybe not. I'm just in the process of moving over to 4 dedicated lines from my bpt for audio duties (2 more for AV), enabling me to finally have all-US plugs/sockets for my system, and once these changes are absorbed, w/Duelunds and Lundahls giong in to my Zus this week, I'll have an excellent foundation to audition the Olympus Tellus and a-b it's performance v my current S. Tellus/S. Tellus and add-on Atlantis.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Amplifier grounding with Entreq.
Yesterday I had the pleasure of demoing a new application of Entreq grounding namely grounding the amplifier (in my case Vitus SIA 025).
Two Silver Minimus, one for each channel, with a one ground cable to each negative amp speaker terminals connected to a single Silver Minimus, Started with spade to spade Challenger earth cables and then moved up to Apollo earth leads. Earth leads fitted first to amp negative speaker terminals and then the speaker cable spades. As with speaker cable fitting take care to avoid any accidental touching of the cables to avoid shorting so switching off the amplifier while fitting is the safest way to proceed.
So started with an old but recently acquired Dave Edmunds CD "Replay When Necessary" and the track "Playing with the Queen of Hearts." The amp was well warmed up. Pressed track 6 on the DCS Puccini remote and wow, Big improvement virtually immediately noticeable.Sounded like a new recording, Fresher, clearer, better instrumental separation, imaging, dynamics and sound staging. No ifs buts or downsides.
Played some other tracks from this CD and all consistently better. The YG Acoustic Kipod II Studio Signature passives really sang.
Moved on to the Magnum Dynalab 109 and BBC Radio Three FM to catch the end of an excerpt from Puccini's Tosca. Three singers, moving around the stage, sounded as if I was there.
No problem at all with the Challenger earth cables but how would the Apollos sound.
Dave Edmunds sounded better but not really the best test. So moved on to Melody Gardot SACD "The Absence." Top quality recording and a great test for the new grounding. Captured the intimacy of the sound, the nuances of her singing all with superb placement and imaging. Sounds previously unheard emerged from the mix and the bass was beautifully controlled without in any way being inhibited. Just flowed, stopped and started as intended by the performers and spot on dynamics, Consistent over several tracks.
Patricia Barber SACD "Modern Cool" followed starting with the the title track. Have never heard it sounding so good.
My friend who was listening to it with me knows both above recordings intimately. Has the same amp, DCS Pagannini, Apollo speaker cables and Estelon XB speakers plus very similar Entreq grounding. He was extremely impressed and said he was hearing musical details that he had never heard before when playing those SACDs on his system.
Later in the evening listened to Gene Simmons (Kiss) on Radio 2 with his rock show. Eric Clapton's guitar on Derek and the Dominos "Layla" was electrifying. The Allman Brothers " Statsburg Blues superb and the Sweet's "Ballroom Blitz" had a new energy and clarity of the lyrics.
I could go on but I am sure the message is already clear. Hope to play some vinyl later today and will let you know how that goes.
Have bought the two Silver Minimus with the Apollo earth leads and absolutely delighted with the purchase, but could have lived happily with the Challengers. Cost about £1700 and one of, if not the most, cost effective buys ever.
I have been advised that it has been tested and works with a wide range of amplifiers so very very highly recommended to fellow members!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Barry, it's possible to ground my Nat audio SE2SE211s SETs the standard way via their xlr input jacks. I'm atm waiting for Fraser to provide w/two xlr-sp Apollos to make use of grounding both monoblocks back to the Silver Tellus which will complete 8 components grounded..
Are you saying this specific application would be grounding IN ADDITION to this, or IN PLACE OF?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing