Entreq Tellus grounding

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Sounds, if you have sufficient capacity on the Silver Tellus, ground everything to it. I would really pass on the separate Silver Minimus option. For me that means 8 components to the 4 ground posts of the Silver Tellus. And the ground lead from my Silver Cleanus to a separate Olympus Mini.

soundslikemusic

Jan 20, 2015
Sounds, if you have sufficient capacity on the Silver Tellus, ground everything to it. I would really pass on the separate Silver Minimus option. For me that means 8 components to the 4 ground posts of the Silver Tellus. And the ground lead from my Silver Cleanus to a separate Olympus Mini.

hi spirit, how would you one know if the Entreq box (be it silver minimus, silver tellus, tellus, etc) has enough capacity for a given component (s) ?

is this determined by the # of ground posts ?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Sounds, a lot will go by the weight of the box. 4-terminal Silver Tellus is c.55lb/20kg, 1-terminal Silver Minimus c.10lb/4kg, 1-terminal Olympus Mini c.30lb/12kg.
From what I gather there is a WHOLE lot more grounding material/tech in the Silver Tellus and Olympus Mini, a more basic amount in the Silver Minimus.
The consensus seems to be only buy Silver Minimus based on affordability. For a single component, it cannot hope to match Silver Tellus or Olympus Mini.
Husk, Olympus Tellus not launched officially, although Olympus Mini is (that's why I have one!).

Last edited:

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Olympus Tellus 45 kgs / Six silver binding posts . Seventh post is to attach power cord to electrical ground .

soundslikemusic

Jan 20, 2015
hi spirit,

i have tried using tellus connecting (cd player, usb, receivus) and silver tellus (pre-amp). The result is very good.

I can stay @ this configuration Or try an Olympus (pre0amp) when its already available.

Is olympus more $ than silver tellus or is it slightly lower pricing ?

Thanks again.

SLIM

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Sounds, in the UK, 4-terminal Silver Tellus and 1-terminal Olympus Mini are similar price. 6-terminal Olympus Tellus will be a great deal more.
Since you're grounding more than one component, forget Olympus Mini, and just stick to Silver Tellus.

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Atlantis cables

I am testing Apollo and Atlantis Eartha cables.
Starting test with:
a. Silver Tellus through Apollo to Totaldac Reclocker,
b. Olympus Mini through Apollo to Totaldac D1 Dual.

1. replacing Atlantis on Silver Tellus to Totaldac Reclocker, which is a digital buffer and USB converter, so only digital signal, the effect was too black. Some more bass, but lost some harmonics. On some tracks the impact is very satisfactory, increasing the texture of music, the body, but lost some details.
2. replacing Atlantis on Olympus to Totaldac D1 Dual, great effects. More bass, more real feeling maintaining great details and harmonics. third dimension even more improved. Bass articulation is like as the instrument is in front of you. On Autumn Leaves by Patricia Barber, the bass is full-bodied and harmonically real.

Entreq items need to be tested on system to have a picture of the benefits. but the result obtained with a bit of patience is fantastic.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I am testing Apollo and Atlantis Eartha cables.
Starting test with:
a. Silver Tellus through Apollo to Totaldac Reclocker,
b. Olympus Mini through Apollo to Totaldac D1 Dual.

1. replacing Atlantis on Silver Tellus to Totaldac Reclocker, which is a digital buffer and USB converter, so only digital signal, the effect was too black. Some more bass, but lost some harmonics. On some tracks the impact is very satisfactory, increasing the texture of music, the body, but lost some details.
2. replacing Atlantis on Olympus to Totaldac D1 Dual, great effects. More bass, more real feeling maintaining great details and harmonics. third dimension even more improved. Bass articulation is like as the instrument is in front of you. On Autumn Leaves by Patricia Barber, the bass is full-bodied and harmonically real.

Entreq items need to be tested on system to have a picture of the benefits. but the result obtained with a bit of patience is fantastic.

Thanks for that.
Very interesting and a useful reminder of experimenting to get the best out of Entreq.
Enjoy!

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Thanks for that.
Very interesting and a useful reminder of experimenting to get the best out of Entreq.
Enjoy!

I tried also to electrically grounding one terminal of Silver Tellus, by using a shuko connector wired with the Apollo Eartha cable to the wall outlet. The ground pin was the only connected.
Details was increased but general feeling didn't liked me.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I tried also to electrically grounding one terminal of Silver Tellus, by using a shuko connector wired with the Apollo Eartha cable to the wall outlet. The ground pin was the only connected.
Details was increased but general feeling didn't liked me.

I guess the new Olympos Tellus is going to be the one for any mains grounding but interesting to hear of your experiment

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Husk, Olympus Tellus not launched officially, although Olympus Mini is (that's why I have one!).

Yes, the Olympus Telllus is shipping. We received 2 of them this week and have already shipped 1 to a dealer.

John

soundslikemusic

Jan 20, 2015
the Entreq grounding blocks are quite sensitive to vibration. I had luck with both Stillpoints & the symposium platforms... YMMV.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
LL21-Spiritofmusic, I have a Olympus Tellus on order. Do you feel Stillpoints are a nessary option?

Necessary? Not til you hear them on a Silver Tellus! ;)...

...in all seriousness, my own experience is that when a Silver Tellus is placed on Stillpoints...the transients do tighten up nicely and the signal becomes more solid/denser. It is quite noticeable...cannot speak about the Olympus.

I also found improvement with my Tripoint...both isolation underneath and also mass damping on top...though it took 23kg (50lbs) to make any appreciable difference on top.

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
the Entreq grounding blocks are quite sensitive to vibration. I had luck with both Stillpoints & the symposium platforms... YMMV.

I achieved very interesting results with Stein Music Super Naturals Signature feet. There is not only Stillpoints in life. I don't have Stillpoints and still alise. :p

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing