Entreq Tellus grounding

As it stands now I have two Troy's, (one Original and the other Signature version) and two Silver Minis. I have the Sig. version clamped (many times) directly to a 2 gauge copper wire incoming from a separate isolated chemical ground which is why I haven't experimented with the two Troys on the negative R,L posts of my amp (if this is what you are alluding to). I did however try one Entreq and the Original Troy on R,L posts just for kicks and thought that the physical presence of the Troy in my smallish room interfered with any improvements that might have been gained with such. I have had the Mini's on my L,R posts for almost a year now and it's made a significant leap in my system, and can't wait to hear what the Everest's do.

FYI, I have all my audio components hooked to the Signature, and my computer related stuff to the other Troy. I have a 5Q panel that I plug only the PSU from my amp into (main system) and all my computer stuff is plugged into outlets coming from the digital filtered breakers. My DAC, battery PSU for preamp, and PSU for SOtM 200 are plugged into a Running Springs Audio (pre API) Maxim power conditioner.

I have all my source gear (except my Studers on the other side of the room) hooked to the Troy Sig. the 'new' dart preamp, power supply for my tt, arm board for the turntable, Lampi GG dac, and power supply for my server.

I have only the dart pre hooked up to the Entreq Silver Tellus right now as my Lampi GG dac does not have an extra set of analog outputs to use.

the Entreq Poseidon sits behind my amps and the outside boxes are each hooked up to 'L' and 'R' negative speaker terminal posts on my dart monos. my dart mono blocks use the Cardas posts so I cannot use the Everest there.

the middle box on the Poseidon is hooked up to both the chassis of the bass amps in my MM7 bass towers.

the 5 Everest caps will go on the 2 posts on the Silver Tellus and the 3 on the Poseidon. if I get a different dac with spare analog outputs I will add 2 more Everest's.

if I did add a second Tripoint Troy it would likely go on the mono block chassis.

I have all my source gear (except my Studers on the other side of the room) hooked to the Troy Sig. the 'new' dart preamp, power supply for my tt, arm board for the turntable, Lampi GG dac, and power supply for my server.

I have only the dart pre hooked up to the Entreq Silver Tellus right now as my Lampi GG dac does not have an extra set of analog outputs to use.

the Entreq Poseidon sits behind my amps and the outside boxes are each hooked up to 'L' and 'R' negative speaker terminal posts on my dart monos. my dart mono blocks use the Cardas posts so I cannot use the Everest there.

the middle box on the Poseidon is hooked up to both the chassis of the bass amps in my MM7 bass towers.

the 5 Everest caps will go on the 2 posts on the Silver Tellus and the 3 on the Poseidon. if I get a different dac with spare analog outputs I will add 2 more Everest's.

if I did add a second Tripoint Troy it would likely go on the mono block chassis.

Hi Mike ..,There is no downside to using the Everest with the Troy in parallel . It does not impede only enhances . Looking at your config , two Atlantis Minimus attached to the outer boxes of your Poseidon should give you a nice boost in performance . A strong recommendation for all Poseidon users . These are small boxes , come with the umbilical supplied, so no extra expenditure on cables and are reasonably priced.

With the Everests , screw it on fully at first .... Back it up a few turns and listen , you can adjust the tonal balance to get the porridge just right . Amount of clamp on matters ....... Crazy !!

Oh!!!, Entreq recommends putting the Everest on amp binding post too? BTW, are you using all Tripoint and Entreq wires for connections? I have only used the Tripoint entry cables (which look identical to the Stage 3 Concept hook up wire) and the mid level Entreq's. I am wondering if these doodads will enhance performance at all. http://www.highfidelitycables.com/products/adapters/rca/
I know Miguel's texhnology is based on some of the same concepts, as I understand it after talking to him.

Last edited:
so I ended up buying 7 Everest's instead of 5, and all 7 arrived yesterday. 3 on the Poseidon, 4 on the Silver Tellus. I did not install them till late.

first impressions; listening late last night and now for an hour+ this morning the effect is subtle but musically significant, mostly a bit more dynamic swing (emotive musical intent), deepened and more delicately rendered textures and a slight heightened sense of reality. on a couple recordings with prominent vocals I noticed a slight stridency is now gone (never realized it had been there until it's now absent) and it's less 'reproduced'. these effects don't seem to be in any particular frequency range.....although the bass impacts are a little tighter and more focused.

soundstage wise a bit more real and connected. I need to listen more to see about that.

overall just a more relaxed and natural presentation. but it is a subtle effect in my system.

Poseidon with 3 Everest's.jpg

Silver Tellus with 4 Everests.jpg

Last edited:
Good to know Mike. I expect 5 and i suppose i am looking to see if they add harmonic/tonal density. I have a feeling they might add a bit, but in truth i think i might to look at other areas (mainly room treatments). I know the sound coming from the speakers, but i suspect the room may have something to do with a slight 'dilution' of the tonal density...big space, high ceilings and an echo in the room when speaking.

Good to know Mike. I expect 5 and i suppose i am looking to see if they add harmonic/tonal density. I have a feeling they might add a bit, but in truth i think i might to look at other areas (mainly room treatments). I know the sound coming from the speakers, but i suspect the room may have something to do with a slight 'dilution' of the tonal density...big space, high ceilings and an echo in the room when speaking.

yes.

I've now listened another couple of hours and improved harmonic and tonal density keeps jumping out at me as an important change with the Everest's. still subtle but important. why? not sure. when we venture into nuance of sound and where that 'getting out of the way of the underpinnings of the music' comes from, logically it has to be related to lowered noise floor or lowered distortion. it's an 'anti-artifact'. by that I mean that some degree of artifacts covering the sound have been eliminated or at least reduced. reducing the awareness of reproduced sound further toward pure musical truth. and that more focused bass impact continues to also be consistent.

your room comments ring true. your perspective is exactly what was going through my mind 18 months ago prior to room tuning with my surface fabric treatments. in my case I had all these live surfaces and little by little over 9 months I eliminated all the reflective hash/distortion by trial and error. all that 'confusion' covered up so much nuance that understanding changes was much more difficult than now. like hearing through a veil. the cool part is that solving that issue is likely the cheapest thing you can do. so it's just the time and effort. good luck with that. the hard part for me was being aware of that there were things I was likely not hearing.

Mike,

Great feedback on both counts. I look forward to hearing the Everests in the system. Meanwhile, i may PM you about acoustic treatment questions.

Well, I finally dodged around my scepticism (it is still there ) and enthused by all your positive reports, I just ordered a handful of
Everests for myself. My expectations, I must admit, are not high. I have tuned my system in a way, that I cannot imagine much improvement. But then one never knows. We live ( and hear ) to learn.

Well, I finally dodged around my scepticism (it is still there ) and enthused by all your positive reports, I just ordered a handful of
Everests for myself. My expectations, I must admit, are not high. I have tuned my system in a way, that I cannot imagine much improvement. But then one never knows. We live ( and hear ) to learn.

I seem to recall similar sceptcisim when you first began trying Entreq.
They work for me and the effects seem remarkably constant across a range of systems so I'll be a bit surprised if they do not benefit your system.but clearly only you can be the judge of that.
Will look forward to hearing the outcome.

Reactions: Raizen
So are you Everest / K2 users perhaps finding that you would be able to subjectively enjoy your system as much as before but now at a very lightly lower volume level? I remember when I first connected the Entreq equipment I likened it to an increase in bit depth and thus did not feel I needed to push the volume quite as much. It would be good to know if these accessories give more of that. Of course I appreciate the comments on other aspects that are improved too and I have taken notes as always :)

I seem to recall similar sceptcisim when you first began trying Entreq.
They work for me and the effects seem remarkably constant across a range of systems so I'll be a bit surprised if they do not benefit your system.but clearly only you can be the judge of that.
Will look forward to hearing the outcome.

Hello Barry,
You are quite right and I will report of course. I still have my doubts though, if what I heard at the time stemmed from the space within between, or from outside of my ears. But that is my nature, pearching uncomfortably on the fence between the humanities and natural science. :p. Quite a pain in the you know where, as you can imagine. I cannot discount the enthusiastic reports here from people I respect, nor for that matter the findings from "that other forum", which stated, that all the Entreqs did, was to add noise, due to the attached cord, acting as antenna. But then those folks just measured and I think did not listen at depth. Anyway, for me the music comes first, so I'll see, or rather hear.
Happy listening!
Detlof

Last edited:
nor for that matter the findings from "that other forum", which stated, that all the Entreqs did, was to add noise, due to the attached cord, acting as antenna. But then those folks just measured and I think did not listen at depth.

If I listened to music with my ears chock-a-block full of ear mold impression compound and just watched a computer screen with pretty graphs as the music I didn't listen to played along, I'd be a measurement freak too! I'd also probably be a measurement freak if there was a consistent and uniform correlation between measurement and music listening pleasure, but unfortunately I have yet to experience such a phenomenon.

So are you Everest / K2 users perhaps finding that you would be able to subjectively enjoy your system as much as before but now at a very lightly lower volume level? I remember when I first connected the Entreq equipment I likened it to an increase in bit depth and thus did not feel I needed to push the volume quite as much. It would be good to know if these accessories give more of that. Of course I appreciate the comments on other aspects that are improved too and I have taken notes as always :)

Hi FF,
I have found that with the Everests I can more readily listen at both slightly lower and noticeably higher volumes but the latter more when the mood takes me.Both because the sound is purer and more natural.
I can't comment on the K2s as I have not tried them or had any user reports. The Everests have been selling like hot cakes and are on back order here in the UK. To date the K2s have proved less popular.

Hello Barry,
You are quite right and I will report of course. I still have my doubts though, if what I heard at the time stemmed from the space within between, or from outside of my ears. But that is my nature, pearching uncomfortably on the fence between the humanities and natural science. :p. Quite a pain in the you know where, as you can imagine. I cannot discount the enthusiastic reports here from people I respect, nor for that matter the findings from "that other forum", which stated, that all the Entreqs did, was to add noise, due to the attached cord, acting as antenna. But then those folks just measured and I think did not listen at depth. Anyway, for me the music comes first, so I'll see, or rather hear.
Happy listening!
Detlof

Thanks Detloff.
Yes I can understand that. It really is a case of listening to what your ears tell you and not slavishly relying on inadequate measurements. I had a new CD/SACD player on home loan for a couple of weeks recently and after about a week it just became clear to me that whilst the sound was very good I did not have the same connections with that sound as I did with my own digital front end and returned it.
Will look forward to reading how it goes in due course
Best wishes,
Barry

Thanks Detloff.
Yes I can understand that. It really is a case of listening to what your ears tell you and not slavishly relying on inadequate measurements. I had a new CD/SACD player on home loan for a couple of weeks recently and after about a week it just became clear to me that whilst the sound was very good I did not have the same connections with that sound as I did with my own digital front end and returned it.
Will look forward to reading how it goes in due course
Best wishes,
Barry

"Connection with the sound" is an excellent expression to my mind. Basically it is what it boils down to in audiophilia. Connection to the music is again another matter, though closely related, the only difference being, as far as I can see, that you do not necessarily need a top notch system, a clock radio might do, to be taken in by something musical.

Hi FF,
I have found that with the Everests I can more readily listen at both slightly lower and noticeably higher volumes but the latter more when the mood takes me.Both because the sound is purer and more natural.
I can't comment on the K2s as I have not tried them or had any user reports. The Everests have been selling like hot cakes and are on back order here in the UK. To date the K2s have proved less popular.

Thanks Barry. I just checked local pricing here again and it looks like there is not that much difference between the K2 and Everest anyway. So they are probably proving unpopular as they likely are not as cost effective an upgrade.

FF, while I was not conscious of listening at lower volumes with the Everest's this weekend upon reflection that is what happened. the nuance of the music did not need quite the SPL's with the subtle extra kick down low and a bit more micro dynamic life and texture/tonality projecting. maybe relatively a sort of the music reaching out and not needing pushing out. does that make sense?

musically important but subtle. would this change have been as evident prior to my recent system tuning? that would be a good question. so the degree of benefit for the Everest's may very well be system dependent.

"Connection with the sound" is an excellent expression to my mind. Basically it is what it boils down to in audiophilia. Connection to the music is again another matter, though closely related, the only difference being, as far as I can see, that you do not necessarily need a top notch system, a clock radio might do, to be taken in by something musical.

Yes absolutely right in my experience also

FF, while I was not conscious of listening at lower volumes with the Everest's this weekend upon reflection that is what happened. the nuance of the music did not need quite the SPL's with the subtle extra kick down low and a bit more micro dynamic life and texture/tonality projecting. maybe relatively a sort of the music reaching out and not needing pushing out. does that make sense?

musically important but subtle. would this change have been as evident prior to my recent system tuning? that would be a good question. so the degree of benefit for the Everest's may very well be system dependent.
Thanks Mike
The improvement in my low end was very quickly apparent after installing the Everests which in turn provides a better frame to listen to the higher frequencies.
I hadn't experienced that so clearly before but had read a number of comments about that previously and it was good to have my own confirmation of it.

Thanks Barry. I just checked local pricing here again and it looks like there is not that much difference between the K2 and Everest anyway. So they are probably proving unpopular as they likely are not as cost effective an upgrade.

Thanks FF
Yes obviously makes sense to go for Everest in those circumstances.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing