Energy Reference Connoisseur pre amp match.

Ruger56

Jun 5, 2018
Hi everyone, new to the site.... Just acquired a pair of mint Energy 22 Reference Connoisseurs that I've wanted all my adult life. I'm looking for a tube preamp that would match well. Amplification is Bryston. Music is across the board but mostly blues style rock. Not looking for big buck gear but more quality made budget gear. Preowned is definitely an option. Thoughts and ideas are most welcome.

Reactions: Mr Rickz

Mr Rickz

Dec 26, 2019
Southern California
I think Schiit Audio qualify as quality budget gear. Check out their Freya tube preamp. ( Full disclosure, I own one. )

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing