EMIA Elmaformer (volume control) review

MRubey

VIP/Donor
Mar 20, 2022
San Antonio Texas
Got it. I thought the Nenuphars were high efficiency. GM70 is an interesting option then. The Lamm GM70 amp certainly is highly regarded. I'd hold out for the Emia.
I had thought long and hard about the Lamm. Its main positive for me is that it has an XLR input. I need to run 30’ ic. Jeffrey Jackson told me that a run of that length in single ended from the passive autoformer to amp is not an issue.

Cube suggested even 45 for the original version. They showed them with 2A3.
There is a video of a show where Nenuphar was being driven by EM/IA type 50.
Jon said the sound was unreal but it wouldn’t play very loud at all.
Sometimes you gotta be able to crank it.
The speaker has no crossover so it behaves like a much more efficient driver.

Last edited:

Tuckia

Jun 3, 2019
I had thought long and hard about the Lamm. Its main positive for me is that it has an XLR input. I need to run 30’ ic. Jeffrey Jackson told me that a run of that length in single ended from the passive autoformer to amp is not an issue.
I used to run a 3.5M IC from dac to EMIA AVC then a 6.0M IC to the amp. That’s 31 ft. Total. No issues at all.

Reactions: MRubey

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing