DS Audio Grand Master + EMM Labs DS-EQ1

gajgmusic

Apr 9, 2013
That is a lovely recording and the system really looks beautiful. I am very impressed you built so much of it. Enjoy

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
UK

Ackcheng

Dec 26, 2011
digitalroomcorrection.hk
Thank you for that explanation. It makes sense. The comparison involves both the different cartridges and the different arms. I find it difficult to attribute the sound heard to just the cartridges. Do you have a preference between the two arms, and also between the two cartridges? I always find it difficult to make such comparisons, even if only one variable changes, because the set up process may always be slightly different. I guess we do the best we can until satisfied.
Let me try to explain the sonics differences. I am not very good at describing and easily loss for words. Hope you don't mind. I have only tried DSAauio on Axiom and Esturo Gold on Graham but not vs versa yet. The DSAUDIO/Axiom combo has a very high resolution and density. When listening to a large symphony piece, each piece of instruments can be heard/seen in its position in space. I can also hear the sense of space around each piece of instruments. It is a gentlemen, well composed, full of confidence and keep everything under control. The Estura Gold/Graham has a lower resolution and density (only relative to DSAudio, it is one of the best I have heard). But it is still very dynamic. With Graham Elite, may be due to the shorter arm. It is more exciting, particularly in rock music. It is a young lady, full of energy, flamboyant but sometimes almost out of control but not in a bad way.

Reactions: gds7368 and PeterA

rDin

Oct 28, 2019
I think that (the gentleman and the young lady) is one of the most evocative and therefore useful hi-fi analogies I've ever read :) Kudos!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing