Doris Day RIP Dead at 97

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Yes I read this sad news. Doris Day was a glowing light in the golden days of Hollywood. Wow her smile could light up a room. A good innings to get to 97. Irreplaceable.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Wow...what a sad day for the world. Doris Day was beloved around the World. I listen to her music often...and one of my favorite movies of her is "Young Man With A Horn". RIP Miss Day

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
What a smile. Quite impressive on the truly big screen of the olden days

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014
She will be missed by many. Just a wonderful actress and singer during the Golden Age of Hollywood......
RIP

Reactions: Gregadd

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
She's requested/ordered: no funeral, wake, headstone etc

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
She's requested/ordered: no funeral, wake, headstone etc
Normally, I say absolutely respect the wishes of the dead. Such ceremonies are for the living. Keep it simple and tasteful. But it has to be done.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I knew woman in the olden times who looked just like young Doris Day, sweet natural girl-next-door. She was into drugs. She would scope out pharmacists in their stores, and learn their patterns so she could sneak into the pills sections and take what she wanted and slip out. Because she looked so wholesome, she never got caught or aroused suspicion.

I wondered how somebody who looked like Doris Day could do something like that.

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
My favorite Song by her was “I could write a book” , I appreciate anyone who helps animals in this world that caters mostly to humans.. She always played innocent wholesome roles.. She wouldn’t fit in in today’s world of Netflix type shocker movies that only portray violence and negativity.. Oh how
I miss the old days.. The 50’s , early 60’s were the golden age of Hollywood.. Now.. Hollywood is not worth watching, IMO Thankfully TCM and one or two other stations still have shows worth watching..
R.I.P. Doris and thanks for the memories of a simpler time full of real talented actors and stories worth watching..

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing