Don_Camillos Chill out lounge with vinyl

Don_Camillo

Jun 26, 2022
Vienna
tempo333.blogspot.com
I´m gonna live forever (RIP Irene Cara): Fame (The Original Soundtrack From The Motion Picture) on RSO 2394 265, D 1980

IMGP3705 (Benutzerdefiniert).JPG

IMGP3712 (Benutzerdefiniert).JPG

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Thanks for the posts. Interesting how disparate music tastes in vinyl can be. With 15,000 records in my collection, I note that I had none of the large number of records that you feature.

So sad to hear of Irene Cara's untimely death. I saw on the label of the Fame soundtrack, the names M. Gore and L. Gore. I looked it up and they are the brother and sister Michael and Leslie Gore. Leslie sang and wrote "It's My Party" when she was 16 (and I was in high school a year older than Lesley). Michael won the Oscar for the music of Fame. Irene won an Oscar for the title song of "Flashdance" which she wrote and sang.

Larry

Reactions: Don_Camillo

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Your Jose Feliciano album was the first one for which I at least have the artist on on album. I have a tape (15ips 2 track) of his debut album Feliciano! released in 1968 on RCA. In it, he covers some of the top hits of the day. I remember hearing him on the radio doing live concerts at a local club in Cambridge, MA (I think Club 47 near Harvard Square) in the mid '60's when I was in college. He has a quite interesting back story which is on wiki.

Your Angela album was the music from the soundtrack of "Aaron Loves Angela" released in 1976 for which Feliciano wrote and performed the score. Interestingly Irene Cara stars in the role of Angela, her film debut, when she was 17.

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: Don_Camillo

Don_Camillo

Jun 26, 2022
Vienna
tempo333.blogspot.com
Cymande - Promised Heights - Mr Bongo MRBLP-160/ Janus Records JXS-7004, UK & EU 2018, 180 gr. Re-Issue

IMGP2548 (Benutzerdefiniert).JPG

IMGP2557 (Benutzerdefiniert).JPG

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing