Doctor's Orders/The Listening Room And Home Theater Of Steve Williams

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
---WoW, looking at the pictures from the prior post on the previous page, I cannot stop analysing Steve's magnificent setup.

I noticed he is using a single back 'rear center' channel speaker.
...It's fine but I believe two is better (5/6 feet apart).

Also, the picture ('Ratatouille') on the screen is absolutely inviting, and I can tell that I would love watching movies in that room (same as listening to music).

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
So sad that Steve will dismantle that system to move to his new home.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
So sad that Steve will dismantle that system to move to his new home.

And I heard he'll be moving closer to his Lakers' home. :)

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
especially Frank.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I think he heard that the damping factor of all the silicon and botox in Coto were ideal for Wilsons and Gothams. I think he will be using recycled breast implants instead of tube traps.

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
Steve,

I seem to remember you having the Linn unidisk 1.1, but I don't see it in the equipment list. I was wondering what you thought of it, assuming that you had it. I don't see any discussion of the player on the forum.

Mike

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing