Digital Bass management

MLB

Apr 22, 2013
Hey Fellow audiophiles.

Does anyone know of a high-end bass management system, that can correct lower frequency without
having any negative effects on the stereo sound?

Best regards.

Michael B

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
Hey Fellow audiophiles.

Does anyone know of a high-end bass management system, that can correct lower frequency without

Best regards.

Michael B

To what are you connecting this?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
A pair of 21" subwoofers which needs to be integrated With my main system.

S-t! That is something. I have a single 18" sub from Velodyne (their DD18) which i have taken a few years to dial-in properly over time with isolation, etc... i can only imagine what 2 21" can do when set up well...yeesh! Enjoy! What is the rest of your system?

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
A pair of 21" subwoofers which needs to be integrated With my main system.

I was actually asking what will be connected to it on the other end. You ask for something that will not have "any negative effects on the stereo sound" but that will depend on the rest of the system. Are we talking analog or digital?

Nyal Mellor

Industry Expert
Jul 14, 2010
SF Bay Area, CA, USA
Hey Fellow audiophiles.

Best regards.

Michael B

Yes there are many, but like Kal said it would be best if we knew the full system context so that we can advise on the best device.

You mention bass management, does this mean you want to actively redirect bass from your main speakers to subs? Or are you just looking for a room correction device for the sub only? How is the sub then being integrated with the two channel speakers?

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
If you are using a separate subwoofer, you might consider using the DSPeaker Anti-mode unit, which has received several favorable reviews:

http://www.dspeaker.com/en/products/anti-mode-8033.shtml

If however, you are using a full range loudspeaker, you can always resort to a high quality multi-band analog EQ device, of which there are many.

As an alternative, you can take the plunge and commit to a full range DSP correction system, of which there are several, and which can be essentially divided into hardware based solutions (i.e TacT, Lyngdorf, DEQX) or software based solutions (i.e. Dirac live, Acourate). DSP solutions never fails to generate a hotly contested response among audiophiles. There is one school (who considers themselves "purists") that say they would rather eat poison than tamper with the pristine purity of their analog signal, warts and all. Then there are the rest of us (including virtually all recording engineers and record producers) who believe that a well-executed DSP solution might afford a favorable balance between the potential benefits and liabilities of such an approach such that it offers a better overall result than any other alternative for a given system. The key here, is the term "well-executed". DSP, if not done right, can be disappointing. However, as many will attest, it can also achieve spectacular results that can make you smile when listening to DSP done right.

Last edited:

Joel

Sep 13, 2013
www.audiophile-magazine.com
Hey Fellow audiophiles.

Best regards.

Michael B

Trinnov Amethyst does it perfectly.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing